on 1 June 2016
If you are searching for an alternative way to live your life, this may be it. Certainly worth reading.
on 22 August 2014
I will be reading it again for inspiration, reading other people's experience and advice really helps.
on 1 November 2013
I lost track of the number of times I stopped to read out passages to my wife expressing the exact same thoughts and emotions as I’d been feeling myself, it’s always good to know you’re not the first to have felt this way. I’m mid-escape currently, but after reading this have a much clearer picture of what to do next and where to focus my efforts. The book is well structured with practical tips on sorting your finances and building your ‘escape fund’ and having got a bit carried away with the highlighter whilst reading I now have a clear to-do list of what comes next. Along the way there’s a healthy body of quotes from previous escapees and entrepreneurs, with equal parts wit and good advice to get you through the highs and lows of your own escape. If you think there’s more to life than working in the city then buy it now.
on 30 May 2013
An excellent read, packed full of advice and information to help you 'to escape' the corporate world and to follow your true passion. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is feeling trapped in their corporate job. If you continue your current path and look one/five/ten years down the line, are you happy with where you are heading? If not, this book would be a really useful read for you. It will help you generate a specific plan and build the confidence to make alternative plans and 'escape' and create a career you can enjoy and be fulfilled by. It will require hard work and many ups and downs, but will be worth it! You can check out the 'escape the city' website too to give you a taster of how useful these ideas and advice can really be....
on 18 November 2013
The Book is filled with many examples of professionals leaving their "corporate jobs" to live an adventure, run their own businesses or simply slow down their lives. The book is concerned about the current "State of Job" and offers different views about how to manage your career (and even your life!) without pushing you to leaver your job inmediately: they ask you to think about what you want to do, how much money you have to save for your escape, etc
A good read if you re planning a different move in your life and career
J
on 29 May 2013
I've never really worked in a corporate job in the city, and even though I don't really need to "Escape" - I love this book.

It reminds me on the difficult days why I decided to take the more unpredictable start-up/portfolio career path. It inspires me with stories of success.

The world of work is changing, and you now have so many choices. The sky is the limit. It's our responsibility to make our lives worth living.

It can be difficult to know where to start, but you know what can help you? This book!
on 2 November 2013
I read this book after being stuck at a cross roads with my career. I can only say that since reading it I've made some amazing decisions and I'm finally doing what I want. It's a fantastic read with excellent advice to everyone. Life is short and this book makes you realise it. It will change you for the good.
on 9 October 2015
Great book, loads of ideas and insights
on 27 February 2014
I was directed to Rob, Dom & Mikey’s blog after reading about Escape the City somewhere. Their story sounded very familiar – as a management consultant I recognized their struggles with the corporate threadmill. When the book came out, I ordered a copy. It didn’t disappoint – and that’s an understatement.

The book is very inspirational, well-structured and pleasantly written. Rather than being cynical and telling me how to quit my dayjob, it makes you reflect about certain elements in your career (and life, even). It charges you with ideas, e.g. through all the valuable pointers to interesting blogs, websites, books and people. It goes over certain thought blockers and the epiphanies that you easily overlook – It’s so easy to go back to reality and remain in your own safe comfort zone. It handles the money question (and excuses to sit tight because of it). The book is divided in two parts – pre and post escape.

The book ultimately was the last push I needed to make the leap – I ‘escaped’ my consultancy job and am now working as a NGO program director abroad. I am very grateful to Esc and highly, highly recommend the book. There is no guidebook for career change – but this one comes closest.
on 9 January 2014
This is much more than inspiration - which incidentally oozes off the pages - but expands into a practical how-to guide for getting you into work you love and closer to living the life you've always imagined. I bought this book after seeing it featured in a newspaper on my commute home and devoured it in one sitting. These guys and the many case studies featured were exactly the type of stories I needed to hear to give me more hope & confidence that aligning passion + work was possible. Needless to say, I'm now self-employed and living my dream as a writer helping startups thanks to Escape the City - the book & online network. Buy this book and follow your dreams! Good Luck!