Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 May 2013
Got the book last week after a tough and long day at work and after reading this I was tempted to had in my notice the following day!
An excellent read and really makes you think that you are on this planet for a short time so what's the point of doing a mundane corporate job when there are now so many opportunities to follow your dream and follow your passion.
For people looking to quit and go it alone it gives some great advice and pointers to help you make your dream a success but also is realistic it that not everything is a bed of roses and it will require hard work and most likely in the first few years a reduction of disposable income.
Anyway a great read that really makes you take a long hard look at corporate life...........and then realise its best to escape!
on 6 January 2015
So here is a funny/stupid story. I always get parcels delivered to work as no one is at home in the daytime. This is the only item of post belonging to me that my boss has ever accidentally opened (similar names). He left the opened envelope on my desk and neither of us has raised the subject.
on 14 August 2013
This book is good for people looking to make changes in their lives, but limited to professionals. I guess that goes without saying as it is in the title. It is well written and clear, however I think it is aimed at a certain group of people and therefore not necessarily that useful to me. Overall I think the main points can be applied to most people, so if you are looking at making a change, then do read this book.
on 3 June 2013
I won a copy of this book with an entry saying I needed a kick up the arse! The book is less a kick up the arse and more a comfort blanket that says "yes it's OK to feel that the corporate life is not for you" but that does not stop it being an inspirational and practical read.

It's worth buying a copy, just for the index of useful websites at the back. Some of the financial advice may seem obvious to me now I've gone through one redundancy, one sacking and one extended length of travelling,but I really wish someone had hammered the idea that "saving is a generally a good thing" into my brain earlier on in my career.

About to try and persuade my mum to buy her miserable management consultant god-son a copy!
on 27 May 2013
I was given a copy of the Escape Manifesto the day before launch, and have barely been able to put it down since. It's full of inspirational quotes and stories of other people who have successfully escaped from the corporate grinder, in order to do what they want. What's so incredible about this, is that while many of them share the same kind of background, all of their escape stories are different. These stories alone could be a book, but the Escape Manifesto doesn't end there.

Each chapter is like a guide, gently nudging you toward the realization that you as well can escape. I say guide, because while this book is genuinely inspirational, it also comes full of practical advice for how to go about making the escape. You very quickly get the sense that these guys did a lot of research before making their escape, and it's all been condensed into this easy to read book. The references alone are worth the price of admission! (NB: I was given a free copy of the paperback, but bought the kindle version - it's that good!)

I've read a few books like this before, and while most of them were very inspirational they were also unable to answer that really tricky question - "if not this, then what?" This question is repeated throughout the book and while only you can answer it, this book will help you give the tools to do so. It gives you solid, practical advice for preparing and executing your escape as well as provide you with lots of inspiration and resources from other escapees.

If you feel stuck in your career - maybe even your life - then read this book. It'll give you the inspiration, advice and perhaps most importantly the courage you need in order to successfully escape!
on 21 June 2013
This is not only a great read for those who already know they want to 'escape' their corporate job, but is a must read for everyone due to its thought provoking content which encourages you to stop, take a breath and analyse what is important in your life. If after reading The Escape Manifesto you decide that the current career path you are on does not fulfill your passions and ambitions then Rob, Dom and Mikey have provided loads of useful information to help you on your journey to 'do something different'.
on 8 November 2014
Argues that ‘Life is too short to do work that doesn’t matter to you.’ Unfortunately, while a noble aspiration, it is easier said than done for most people, but reading this book could certainly help us all.
on 9 December 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book. It encouraged me to attend an Escape the City event and I have since recommended both the book and online community to friends & colleagues. I regularly return to key sections of the book when I feel I need a dose of inspiration - usually on the way to my job in the City. It is practical, useful and inspiring to anyone thinking there must be more to life than being another cog in a corporate machine.
on 29 May 2013
Are you stuck in a job you don't love? Want to do something different? Get this book now to start the journey to a more fulfilled you.

This book is not only inspirational but immensely helpful in turning your dreams into a success. A very practical must read if you know there's more to life.
on 8 January 2014
I have just finished reading this book and wow. I cannot recommend it enough if you're someone who hates their corporate job, had enough of the corporate environment and fed up with corporate bureaucracy.

Having expressed my frustrations with a few friends, one of them sent me a picture of this book in a book shop. I didn't think much of it for a few days, just thought the title was very relevant to my mood. But then something happened in work which led me to Google the title. I had a quick read of the reviews and was excited.

Ten pages into the book I honestly thought it was written for me - everything I read was bang on par with what I was feeling. I was so energised I was tempted to hand my notice in the next day!

The Escape Manifesto is a powerfully well written book, full of encouragement and great ideas to get you thinking about your escape plan.