This is an easy to read book that uses NLP techniques without bogging you down with theory. It is endorsed by Bandler which gives a great deal of credibility to this gently paced tribute to the power and effectiveness of NLP. Whilst no new ground is broken, the book has an easy message for correcting bad thinking patterns such as limiting beliefs and disempowering spoken words and sub conscious patterns of behaviour. However, there are more powerful books out there for people who want to make changes to thinking and habits. I have reviewed a number of such books but I won't put any links here as its too wide a subject for me to presume that I know what would suit you better. Some people expect a more researched and evidence-based approach. Others seek social proof or entertainment from such a book, or massive promises. If you already accept that we "massively underestimate" the power of our thoughts then this book provides a gentle nudge in the direction of challenging and analysing your thoughts and substituting better questions and attitudes. The author does a seminar where in an audience which included 240 women, 3 women decided that the change that they needed in their lives was to leave their husband or partner. so I presume that he must be a very motivational speaker,
on 19 February 2013
This book is a great basis to having a positive goal-based mindset in your life.

I have taken on-board many things that are said in this book and I feel that I am already more positive and productive.

My only draw-back of this book is that the author tends to focus on people who are based in sales, when giving examples of goals and when you get to near the end of the book he re-uses examples he has already talked about.

All in all I would recommend this book for anyone who is looking to start taking the positives from life !!
on 24 December 2012
Mark Rhodes uses an uncomplicated style to present some practical approaches to life that my own experience confirms as sound. He is very good on Goal setting and uses a range of visualization techniques elsewhere. Like all books in the 'development' oeuvre all authors have their preferred emphases because they develop experientially, and for some they might prefer a different approach. My advice would be read them all and then choose your preferred position and definitely include Mark Rhodes in the list. There is a long road ahead of him but he is well on they way.
on 31 December 2012
At a place where my life lacks direction (and I am short on motivation and self-belief), I was prompted by the reviews of this book to give it a try, I was not disappointed - the author's enthusiasm is infectious. I am facing 2013 with some optimism, determined to eradicate self-limiting beliefs from my thinking - and i now have a list of goals displayed everywhere I can think of!
on 2 October 2013
Although there are lots of books out there about success and reaching goals, I have to admit that a lot of them seem very unrealistic to me. However, this book is just the opposite - it's easy to read, makes a lot of sense, and is easy to put into practice. I especially like the way Mark advises not telling yourself that you "want" something, but that "it will be great when" you have it. It does change your mindset. He doesn't encourage you to set unrealistic targets though, and the thing I do like is that Mark esplains why, once youre are positive and know what you want, things come to you. It isn't because of some kind of magic, but simply because you notice things that you are interested in, and you are more likely to act on them, and attract them to you. Another great thing about this book is that it is for everyone, not just people in traditional businesses or corporate companies - I find I am applying his ideas to everyday life as a mother, wife, support assistant at college and in running a small business.
VINE VOICEon 5 March 2013
This book contains a lot of common sense about how to set goals and make them real by changing and widening the thought processes, so you don't get stuck in a rut of thinking you "can't" do something just because you never have, or because some limiting belief is holding you back. He shows how using negative language can constrain your thought processes and therefore your actions, whereas using more positive language can open your mind up to new possibilities of success in whatever you are trying. This is not startlingly original and covers very similar ground to Susan Jeffers's Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, but it's useful stuff and very timely as I am currently having to write an application for a post in our reorganised workplace to save myself from likely redundancy...a positive attitude is definitely called for to get out of a cycle of negative thinking where you can't give of your best. 4/5
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2013
I bought this book on recommendation from a friend and it's turned out to be one of the best books I've read! What I love most, is the easy conversational style it is written in. The examples are simple and real, and you can actually see how everything he talks about can apply to, and be applied in your life - no gimmicks!

I unexpectedly got to meet Mark at an event while I was reading it, and he was just as true in person as he is in the book! This book is the best gift you can give yourself and anyone else you care about. Can't recommend it enough!
on 1 December 2013
Another gem of a book!! very well-written and very easy to understand. The author talks about how are fears keep us back and what to do to overcome them!!! another book I keep reading and re-reading again and again. This book will put you on the road to success if you follow the advice given by the author. Very Highly Recommended!!!
on 5 September 2014
Enjoyable reading; as all self help books you need to apply what's written on it and be consistent. Without an accountability process all exercises become amusing reading but not always an amazing improvement
on 24 January 2013
Ever read a self-help book before? If you have then you have read this! There is nothing new here. He keeps repeating himself usually by telling us how successful he is. His mantra seems to be: decide what you want then imagine yourself living after achieving this and that is how you can make anything happen!