on 8 January 2013
This book is fantastic, currently I got very strange feeling,I feel quite bad about what happened around me, got annoyed all the time. This book describes exactly what I thought and also gives me hints to find my way out. I love the way this book talks. I will buy one more this book in later days for my friend I think. and I do hope that this book can help the people out who has the same feeling as I have! (sorry about my English)/Zhao W
on 21 February 2013
"What's Stopping You?" realistically the only book that has helped me rise above the depression I was locked in and catch the flight to success which I once was a very popular passenger of. I would recommend this book to anyone who is feeling low, off key or just needs some help getting themselves together. I needed this book to help me find myself and remind me who I was. Every now and then we reach a point in life in which we feel progression is too difficult and we need to have someone or something that just tells us it is possible. Usually, normal people have a partner who is typically very supportive of them. However, in the rare occurrence where one does not have the privilege then books are a mans best friend. Additionally, this book enabled me to gather my thought processes together and it didn't suggest it explicitly but after completing the book [It took me over 2 years, I bought it in 2011 and left it at the bottom of my book box] I realised that talking about issues and my thoughts was the best way of processing them.
What's Stopping You?: Why Smart People Don't Always Reach Their Potential and How You Can
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 December 2012
I generally know what’s stopping me, I’m not going to write it down but this book covers it. Most people in most walks of life have a limiting factor that stops them going any further, It may be fear of failure, it may be the need for financial stability. This book seems to précis all the self help books out there in the market place and condenses them down into one simple to read volume.

Using case studies and anecdotes Kelsey makes the reader realize that they are not the only one out there with the same insecurities and issues and now when I watch ‘the apprentice’ or ‘Dragons den’ I find myself wondering what their insecurities and worries are. Realising that everyone has them is a way of coping with your own. I have now started to take note of what makes me say ‘no’ more and to question it more.

A great book for reading all the way through or for dipping in and out of.
VINE VOICEon 31 December 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book is candidy, and full of case studies. Through it I have come across other books I want to read. Now that he talks about the ills of fear, I can see what has been stopping me from doing certain things I have been passionate about. It's a great wake up call. I hold a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biology and Chemistry so I really liked the brain studies of how the brain reacts to fear, all the debilitating effects of fear on the body.

There are so many smart people who have grossily underachieved and so many people with veru=y low IQs who have overachieved. Now the reason why is becaoming less subtle.

A great read if you want to unleash your full potential. The Author has helped us by laying bare his mistakes so that we learn from them. The quotations are well chosen for this sort of book.
on 6 September 2014
I read an article by the author In a flight magazine which was awesome! So, I did purchase the book. The writing in the book was very personalised to the point it felt that the authors fears were fears everyone had rather than being more loosely subjective, which I did not like. Saying that it is a good recap of the points raised in other books by authors e.g. Dale Carnegie and with all self help books if you can take something good out of it then it's worth the money.
on 16 September 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I generally like reading self-help books because even if they help you with nothing else, they are good at giving you a boost of enthusiasm and belief in that anything is possible. However, there are some good ones and some not so good ones. This book started out ok, and I thought the first half of it was quite good. I really liked the first 2 parts which explain what's usually stopping people from achieving their goals and, subsequently, how visualisation and positive mindset can help. These two parts were really clear and well explained. In fact, I would probably go as far as to say that the part about goals and visualisation, in particular, really appealed to me as no other explanation worked quite so well for me personally in any other book.

After part 2, however, it was all the way downhill. I could not believe the author moved on to talk about to-do lists, timetables and explaining why people skills are vital! I fully appreciate that it is incredibly hard to talk about something new when we talk about making things happen but, maybe, the author would be better off just writing this book in a different style and making it half its size instead of reinventing the wheel!

I felt like I really wasted my time reading second half of the book. Giving it 2 stars: one for each of the first 2 parts, which I liked.
on 6 February 2015
Hot book... Cool Service. Thank You!
VINE VOICEon 26 December 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
With natural British reticence, I have always been cautious about the value of self-help books. They are either grossly optimistic in what they promise to address or are written in an inaccessible style. Robert Kelsey has produced that rare book which is convincing, credible and strikes a personal chord and response. Like many, I recognise the traits which drive a fear of self-failiure and of the negativity that can undermine self-belief. And I have had countless conversations which have focussed on problems with the job, a person or with circumstances and not with the root cause which is more about our essential characters and how we respond to experience and challenges. Robert Kelsey's book provides a positive framework to assist in reaching a better form of self-awareness from which to counter and address one's fears, frustrations and moods. This book comprehensively covers both the personal and professional setting and is therefore of interest to a wider audience that just those looking for techniques to assist with the workplace.

The second edition has been revised and expanded to include additional case studies which compliment the very personal style of the original. It is sincere and authentic and written in a confident, fluent style.

This book is more than just a new year resolution whim, it's better and more important than that. The central message is pragmatic, advice thoughtful and ie very much value for money. I recommend this book unreservedly.
on 31 July 2015
All Good. Many thanks!
on 5 January 2013
Superficial and overly simplistic. Has one theory about people being afraid of failure, which if you're not isn't very useful. Talks about a lot of techniques, such as visualisation, but doesn't instruct you in how to use them.