on 28 September 2013
Paul McGee writes in his book 'How to Succeed With People', that if you take the time to send him an email, he will personally read it and reply. He does. In the book, he is very honest about the difficulties involved in relationships and communication with other people. He makes it clear that the book was written to help, but it, by no means, claims to be the answer to every person problem.

The book is very clear and easy to read, even for a dyslexic like me. Since I find it so difficult, I never read for fun, only for purpose and in my life time, I have only ever completed a countable number of books and have never before, read one for a second time. So for this book to be one of them and to be the only book that I have immediately restarted, has to be regarded as a major seal of approval.

One thing that struck me, and engaged me into reading the book first time around, was that at the beginning of the book - I was thanked for choosing to read this book. For me - that is the X factor. But as you read on, the insight and advice contained in the book is 'Bang on The Button'. Some of the book, helped me to understand that I had already overcome some of my people issues in the past, and re-assurance of this is valuable in itself. The rest of the book talks through people skills that I still needed to work on.

I could see in the book, people issues that my friends and loved ones have with others. Instead of recommending the book to them, I bought 10 copies to give as a gift. Not birthdays or anything, just an 'I value you' gift. But each one becomes a gift to myself also, because it helps to surround me with friends and loved ones, who have a positive vibe towards others (including me - how cool is that).

As mentioned above, I am dyslexic, so writing is also hard work for me. Expressing my opinion and writing reviews in this way is something that I just don't do. But I feel that this work is valuable and I hope it gives you the confidence to invest the time into reading it, and thank you for choosing to read this review.

Message to Paul McGee: "Good Luck with the Book"
on 13 June 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book. My subject area, networking, is very closely related to this although in a narrower context. And there is so much good advice within that is easy to implement and very powerful.

The book is an easy and quick read and the advice is simple. It can be tempting perhaps to over complicate advice to demonstrate your expertise but McGee illustrates how the opposite can be much more effective.
on 12 June 2013
I would highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to engage, influence and motivate almost anyone in remarkably easy ways! Once again I am very impressed by Paul McGee's latest book 'How to Succeed with People.' Whilst his writing style may be relaxed and easy to read, don't think it lacks substance. It has a tendency to 'float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.' Pearls of wisdom such as "You get what you tolerate. Problems persist because you get used to them"; "Your silence is still saying something" and "Take people on a clear journey, not a magical mystery tour" give a wake up call to those of use that have slipped into bad habits in the way we foster relationships. It's good that it is easy to read, because if you are anything like me you'll read it over and over again. Enjoy!
on 21 July 2013
This is a worthwhile buy. It is an easy read and not surprisingly is largely common sense, there is some good information from someone who knows what he is talking about. Book was excellently priced.
on 26 May 2013
Sometimes you need some home spun truths, and, when you do, this is the book for you.

There are cleverer books, there are more profound books but there are fewer effective books than this. I like it and I recommend it to you.
on 22 May 2013
This book does exactly what it says on the cover as it gives you " remarkably easy ways to engage,influence and motivate almost anyone" As a self confessed self help book junkie the latest offer from Paul McGee is in a class of it's own... as it is pragmatic and practical in the tools it shares. I love the bite size wisdom quotes and find myself using them to demonstarte a point to others. Paul says everyone should have a CEO (Chief Encouragement Officer) well Paul is certainly one of mine after reading this book.

I had to buy another copy of this book for my sister to stop her nicking mine as I really wasn't willing to share!!! This is a book you can dip in and out of at any time when you need a bit of motivation and inspiration when dealing with life's "spiritual vampires" (you know the ones that suck the spirit out of you!!). Though I read it from cover to cover as it was such an easy and engaging read.

I strongly recommend that you buy this book if you want to succeed with people...whether its the boss, clients, colleagues, friends, partner or kids.

I expect this book to stay top of the charts for quite some time.
on 8 May 2013
What an amazing book..!!

How to Succeed With People is probably the most influential and motivational book that I've read since "How to win friends and Influence People". It's so much more up to date, relevant and in tune with the 21st century.

My day to day job is as a Sales Director, so not only do I have to look after a huge customer base; I also have a huge team of staff that work with me. Every customer and every team member is different; they all have different personalities and different needs. This means that I have to understand each person differently and communicate with each and every one in a different way.

Paul McGee covers many subjects within this book: Each chapter is written in a style that is easy to read. He fully understands how people's minds work, how to get the best from them even if sometimes that means altering your approach to get that.

His `BITE SIZE WISDOM' is made up of incredibly useful and useable tips, they are short sayings that are easily remembered, they reinforce what you have already read and learnt.

Whereas the `BITE SIZE CHALLENGE' is thought provoking, and gives you small tasks to do, again reinforcing everything that you have read. These tasks not only make you understand others better, they also get you to think about your own attitude towards others, sometimes encouraging you to think differently to gain better results.

All in all this is an EXCELLENT book for everyone to read no matter what your role in life....

After all... how many of us ever get through a single day without having to succeed with someone.!!
on 12 June 2013
What makes this book is the lively style in which it's written. I broad range of key areas are covered, some with personal anecdotes and the use of bubble quotes draw out the key points from the given topic. This style of writing is highly effective compared to heavy literature which can overload and overburden.

Have a read, reflect and implement!
on 13 June 2013
I picked up this book at WHSmiths at Manchester Airport on a trip out to South Africa. The book was Number 1 in the Business Best Sellers section - not surprising really, as I'm familiar with Paul's previous work and this book continues that high standard.

This book is an excellent resource of simple, easy-to-implement tips to improve your relationships with others. It's not the Encyclopaedia Britannica, nor is it meant to be. It's a great resource that's very easy to pick up and read a few pages at a time, and come back to later - the sort of book that busy people like to read, rather than wade through lots of pages to get to the main points - it's simple to get to the many nuggets that are provided within this book.

If you're after a elongated, highbrow, intellectual pontification session, look elsewhere. If you're after simple, easy-to-implement tips that will have an immediate impact on your relationship with others - this is the book for you.

Highly Recommended.
on 27 June 2014
Such a great read. Not pretentious in any way and very simple clear language used. I got through this book in three days as I found it a fascinating read. As a professional people manager I use this book when mentoring people. Brilliant.