Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 8 October 2013
Really good book, written in a very clear style. Many of the chapters are really useful but the chapter on you get the performance and behaviour you tolerate is so useful. Highly recommended.
on 20 June 2015
Loved it. Mr McGee writes a frank and honest book from his experiences.
In very small easy to digest sub-chapters, packed full of useful hints and tips about relationships and people.
on 28 August 2013
This book is ok with some small common sense points but lacks depth and substance. Bite size wisdom is rarely that, "if your main goal in life is to be popular,...play the role of Snow White at Disney World". There's a section on how humiliating people isn't a good approach! If people need a book to tell them that then I fear for them engaging with people will never be "remarkably easy".
on 26 September 2013
Paul Mcgee has a unique way of getting the message across with patronising or lecturing. Light-hearted, just pick up & read as & when required. Excellent.
on 7 June 2013
Never again will I purchase an audiobook without listening to a sample chapter first. If I had have done this then before I bought this book then I would have quickly realised that there would be no way I could listen to the whiney, nasal tones of the author for more than a chapter or so. It actually gave me a headache! The author's voice is so mono-tone (and it is possibly the most irritating tone imaginable)that the paragraphs just run into each other and before you know it you might as well be listening to white noise. Throw in every cliche you can think of and the absolute lack of any real advice (actually that is a little unfair as there might be some nuggets of wisdom further on but I couldn't bear to listen anymore) and what you have is the worst audiobook I have ever purchased. What a waste of good money.
on 27 May 2013
It is written in a chatty way, no problem with that. The problem is that the topics, whilst interesting are not developed well. Before any decent attention is given to the topics he has moved on in a mantra of brevity. I had the feeling that he had a contract to do a few books & was running out of time. The author's assumption is that he is talking to people that already have the same view as he does.

I was thoroughly disappointed. I guess I was spoilt having read Shut Up Move On (SuMo) first.

Sorry Paul, but despite your great intentions this is not your best work. On the positive side, you've already got MY money!
on 28 May 2013
I've now read several of Paul McGee's books and I have to say this is perhaps one of my favourites along with SUMO. His style is slightly different on this occasion as he's taken the approach of writing lots of short chapters that address a number of key issues in terms of how we deal with others. This ranges from what approaches to take when we have conflict with others, dealing with negative people and how to bring out the best in others. In many ways this is a book for people who may not always enjoy reading books as you can dip in and out of any chapter and most can be read in less than 10 minutes. For me this gave a real sense of satisfaction and his bite sized challenge at the end of each chapter gives you an opportunity to action one simple idea. Paul's approach will always appeal to those who want common sense packaged in a way that is both simple, straight forward and entertaining. If that's you, then you'll find this an ideal read.
on 14 October 2014
Love non nonsense clear approach in all books by Paul McGee
on 16 June 2013
Good to take the opportunity to be reminded about some common sense approaches
Well worth taking the time to read even if you cheery pick the chapters of interest
on 15 May 2013
Paul is a really inspiring person who's ideas for a better life are brilliantly simple and effective! His books always motivate and inspire me to be a better person and I'm continuing to work at it! Love the useful advice for everyday situations - it really works. Thanks Paul,