Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 April 2013
very clear and easy to read - I ended up buying it on kindle and a hard copy, as it has become my SEO bible.
on 23 February 2012
Would highly recommend this book. It is a wonderful resource for anyone starting out in the digital world. It covers a lot of areas (some in more depth than others) and has an easy to understand/clear layout.
The author is clearly incredibly knowledgeable of the topics and one of the biggest plus points is that it is geared to users in the UK (a lot of similar books are from the US).

The only down side is that the digital world changes at an incredible speed, meaning that any book covering related topics has elements that will quickly become out of date. There are a few recommended sites and links in this book that have already expired.
on 16 December 2011
Just what is needed! As a Small Business Coach I am always on the look out for books and resources that will help my clients take leaps forward whether they have an existing business or are just starting out. I have recommended Create Your Own Website also by Paula Wynne to clients and so was pleased to see this follow up title. It is easy to read and navigate and is full of ideas and resources. I shall be recommending it to clients as well as implementing ideas from the book for my own business.
on 6 December 2011
A great book written on a subject that many of us need help with.
I would strongly recommend this book for anyone who has a website but would like to increase the traffic they receive.
Have not read the whole book yet (only got it last Thursday) but what I have read so far has been written clearly in good simple language and would be easy enough for even the most technophobic person to understand.
I particularly like the highlighted hints and tips.
on 7 May 2012
I only bought this because it was recommended by an inflight magazine.

I wish I hadn't. It is simply full of predictable cliches and told me nothing which I didn't already know.
on 28 January 2012
This is a very comprehensive guide to SEO and social media and a great tool for any business wanting to improve their digital marketing. There is a lot of useful information to take in so I have been dipping in and out of the book to read relevant sections. A great read - thank you!
My wife and I knew how to create a website using the basic software we bought, but we didn't have a clue how to get our website noticed. Paula Wynne's PIMP MY SITE is a user friendly DIY guide, a step-by-step approach written in a straight forward and easy-to-follow style.
We knew nothing about SEO, had avoided Facebook and the like, and thought YouTube was just for music videos. There was certainly a lot to learn. We would whole heartedly recommend this book. It's outlined 'day by day' so you learn and grow at your own pace.

This is a handy tool if you are looking to drive more traffic to your website.

Check that. It's not just a handy tool, more of a bible.
on 8 January 2012
I went through half of a book. It is brilliant. Book is written in easy non technical language with real life examples. I was looking for this long time ;-). It helped me a lot with key words strategy.

I delegate to do my website SEO to private company. The knowledge from this book helped me to monitor them, understand what they're doing and most importantly to guide them in order to receive results I want. It gives me feeling and provides enough tools so I can do SEO and PR champagne myself if I choose to.

It's a must for anyone who has website or about to have website!

"Pimp my site" is step by step guide which show How to do What to do and When to do website SEO and PR in order to be First in search page.
on 23 April 2012
delivered as it is but the most interesting part is how this guide show me the real sense of doing it