Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 July 2017
As expected
on 28 March 2014
Great follow-up to great books with awesome character developments and story plot. A lot of twists and interesting scenarios! Do recommend if you like fantasy romance novels.
on 2 January 2013
I've read all the books in this series and they've all been brilliant. I've been unable to put this book down since I started reading it and it hasn't disappointed. A thoroughly enjoyable excellent book.
on 18 March 2013
Was well worth the read, throughly enjoyed reading it, was a awesome end to the series and would highly recommend reading this book and the previous boos in the series.
on 14 May 2017
an amazing end to an amazing trilogy
on 11 February 2014
this was my favourite book of the series.
it really kept me guessing what was next. truly loved it.
I don't give it a 5 as I still thing a few parts could have written better but overall it was amazing.
on 15 June 2013
I love becca fizpatricks book and this book didn't let me down its so much of what you wouldn't expect and I would recommened to anybody 12 to 55 BUY IT!!
on 4 November 2012
I read the three previous books in the Hush, Hush series before I started my blog so I didn't review them but I have to tell you that I absolutely loved them all, this is by far my favourite angel series so I had been eagerly awaiting the release of Finale and couldn't wait to start reading once I finally got my hands on it!

I'm pleased to say that I wasn't disappointed because this was another amazing read, I literally couldn't put the book down and read it in less than a day. Once again I immersed myself in Nora's world and loved every single second of it! The story was action-packed from the start, keeping me on the edge of my seat throughout.

The characters, who I had become so familiar with in the previous books, were just as interesting as always and the addition of a few new characters kept things fresh. Dante was a very interesting character who intrigued me and my opinion of him changed many times as I was reading.

I enjoyed seeing Nora grow in strength and confidence, she finally seemed to know who she wanted to be even if some of her choices were unexpected. Patch was as strong and sexy as always, he really is an easy character to fall for!

There were a few shocks towards the end that made me gasp out loud, this led nicely up to a tense battle and I have to admit that there were times when I couldn't decide which side I was on.

By the end I felt a bit emotional (I always seem to feel like this at the end of a series that I have loved) and, although there was one part that I thought should have been different, I felt happy that it had ended in a satisfactory way.

A fantastic book that ended this amazing series perfectly.
on 26 October 2012
Finale is a-maz-ing! It started off slightly weaker than expectations, but as soon as the first chapter commenced, it just got better and better. There were unexpected twists throughout, and a mix of emotions. The ending, was final, and in most cases, I would say that was a bad thing, but this was an amazing ending, and it was neither premature, nor overdue. It was expertly written and is right now my favourite book.
on 22 November 2012
I have been such a huge fan of this series since the very beginning, with the announcement of each new installment causing much squeeing and excitement from me. Hearing about Finale, I was super excited but also a little sad the series was ending. But what I didn't expect was to finish the book feeling so disappointed.

With the death of the Black Hand - Hank Millar, Nora's biological father - Nora now has to lead the Nephilim army, bound by the oath she made to Hank before his death. If she doesn't lead the army, both her and her mother will die. Yet, she is under orders from the archangels to stop the war. How can she lead an army, and stop a war? The fact that she is only newly Nephil and not as strong as most, and because of her relationship with Patch, a fallen angel, the people who are supposed to be loyal to her do not trust her or think she's up to the job, and are just waiting for her to put one step wrong and put someone else in her place. Her relationship with Patch must remain a secret, and she must start to train with Dante, a Nephil who was Hank's right hand man, to get the Nephilim on side. Nora does not have an easy task ahead of her. Add to the mix a shady archangel who seems to be out for Patch's blood, and Nora's life has given a whole new meaning to the word "difficult".

Finale sounds pretty exciting, and going by the previous books in the series, it should be, but I really wasn't feeling it. There have been various things that niggled me in previous books, but they just drove me round the bend in Finale. We're four books down the line - the very last book - you would have thought Nora would have gained some common sense by now. Unfortunately, her insecurities stop her from thinking logically, and she continues to jump to conclusions and doubt Patch, and she makes rash decisions because of it. Ok, I don't like having heroines who are completely perfect, but it would be good to have seen some growth in Nora's character. Sometimes I wanted to shake her, sometimes I wanted to slap her, and sometimes I hardly understood why Patch was still with her! God, he must have the patience of a saint. I just didn't like her at all in this book. With every page, I was pretty much thinking, "Come on, Nora, buck up!" Sure, she has a lot to deal with, but it was just too much this time round.

For a final book, things need to be tied up, but it's a whole book, so it needs to have it's own plot and it's own conflict. Both of which Finale has. However, there were a few conflicts that just seemed resolved far too easily. I can't really go into the one that bothered me the most, too spoilery, but oh my god! There really needed to be a lot more going on with that issue, seriously. And then we had the ending, the finale. I expected more. If I was to talk about the whole thing (which I won't, spoilers), it would sound pretty epic, but Nora's part? I just wasn't excited, I wasn't scared, I didn't feel much tension. There are a few points in the book that should have really rocked me emotionally, and they just didn't. I just didn't seem to care about any of the characters in this book, and I finished thinking, "That's it?"

To be fair, the epilogue was pretty cool, I did like it. But on the whole? I remember reading Hush, Hush for the first time, and being completely wowed, and thinking how awesome this sexy fallen angel on a motorbike was. That guy seems to have disappeared in this book. Less sexy, more soppy. It was just too much. I don't know, maybe I wasn't in the mood for it at this particular time, maybe I would enjoy it more if I read it another time, but I just finished feeling so underwhelmed. It has to be said, Fitzpatrick is an awesome author, and her writing constantly kept me turning the pages addictively, despite not actually enjoying the story. But yeah, really disappointed. Do check out a few more reviews before deciding whether you read Finale based on mine alone.