Finale (Hush Hush)
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 October 2013
Finale is a great ending to this series. Its not perfect but I really enjoyed it anyway.

I have had a love hate relationship with Nora Grey throughout this series and Finale was no exception. If anything I think Im leaning more towards the 'love' side in this one. She does grow up quite a bit in Finale as she is dumped with a huge responsibility and this did make her more likable and less childish than shes been in previous books but I did still want to reach in and punch her sometimes!

As for the other characters, Patch is still... well.. Patch.. he never changes. Scott and Vee's storylines in this one added something extra that we haven't had before and Marcie Miller makes an interesting sub plot too.

There's a lot... LOT of action and surprises in Finale which I really enjoyed and I really liked how many of the chapters ended on cruel cliffhangers which made me need to turn IMMEDIATELY to the next chapter instead of putting it down for a while (which is what I kept trying to do).

In all, a real page turner, a cracking ending and a satisfying close to the series. I've enjoyed reading these books over the past few years and will definitely be on the look out for what Becca writes next!
on 6 November 2012
This book was Shirr-mazing. I loved the Hush hush saga and I am so sad that it is all over. It's like saying good-bye to some really good friends; I know that's really corny but that is how much I loved this saga.
I loved the characters, the story lines and I loved the twits it had and how they come to a conclusion.
I like the way Devilcraft played a bigger part, and the mind-speaking traits was used and `we' as the readers get to see how it all works. How Nora becomes this great leader with Patch at her side knowing all the time that Patch as a fallen angel is the enemy.

What I found funny is that there is this big war brewing between fallen angels and Nephilim, Nora has to train to be a Nephilim and then lead them, dating a fallen angel, having her mother disapprove of her relationship with Patch, keeping peace between Patch and Scott has Marcie living at her house, has a best friend keeping secrets from her, keeping up with homework all of that, and there is still time to have Nora becoming jealous of Patch and Dabria's relationship.
Nora is not human, but I like the fact that Becca Fitzpatrick writes about how Nora becomes vulnerable and jealous when it comes to Patch with another girl.

I read this book in a day I could not put it down. I have read the other books before but that was last year so when the last book came out I read the whole series again and I loved them all over again overall it took me 6 days to read all four books. When you start you can't put them down.
I really hope that they will make these books into a film, it would be so Shirr-mazing if they did.
I would so recommend this book and the rest of the Hush hush saga to anyone.
on 26 November 2012
I have been waiting over a year for this book and i can tell you it didn't disappoint! OMG what an ending to the Hush Hush series. There are so many twists and turns that even i tried to figure out how to help Nora and Patch! The love, betrail, lies and hurt that fold out in the pages are emotionally gripping, pulling you into the thick of the story.

Nora was forced to swear an oath with Hank Miller - her father, to lead the Nephilim into war against the Fallen Angels or face death along with her mom if she fails! Though Nora's love for Patch - a fallen Angel makes this task a very hard one, as she won't give him up.

Nora needs to convince the Nephilim that she is serious to protect them and fight against the Fallen Angels and in order to keep her oath Nora needs to retain her position within the Nephilim who challenge her! A task that by itself is hard, let alone trying to find a peace with the Fallen Angels and at the same time protect the ones she loves.

Also the Archangles are keeping an on events. But knowing who to trust and who not to is more difficult that Nora first thought when making her plans.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

A must read for teens and Adults alike (tissues may be required!)

I loved Becca's writing and look forward to reading more stuff from her soon : )
on 4 January 2013
I love books about fallen angels and the supernatural and powers and when I read the first book of the series Hush Hush just couldn't get enough. I have rated finale 5 stars because I just couldn't put it down. I was that addicted to the storyline I read the whole series again before I got finale. I loved the main characters Nora and Patch and loved the best friend Vee character. All of the characters are completely different and have their own sub story going on. I am 19 years old and would highly recommend this series to romantic supernatural lovers from age 16 to 20. Absolutely brilliant!
on 12 October 2013
This is a nice easy read and a great end to an enjoyable series. The love between Nora and Patch becomes a little more believeable as the series goes on. Although I enjoyed this book there were parts where I just wanted to scream at Nora for being stupid. She doesn't half get herself into some awkward situations. The suspence is great and I wasn't sure where the story was going but when it ended I was a little sad it was over and I will miss Patch. I liked that the book kept me guessing. If, like me, you didn't truly enjoy HUSH, HUSH consider giving the rest of the series a try anyway. It gets better and there are some awesome moments along the way.
on 14 March 2016
really loved this series,
great characters and fantastic story.
everything was rounded up and ended perfectly in this last of the series book.
great read
on 15 February 2013
Absolute Twilight fan so thought I'd give this series a go.
Of course once you have read one you have to complete the series so I waited until this last installment was out and read all four in a week.
Cannot match the Twilight books and so for me dissapointing, I put them in the charity bag rather than pass them on as I couldn't say I would reccomend them as a good read, lots of repetition in the storylines and nothing to really to grasp the reader.
on 7 January 2013
I gave this book five stars and overall give the series 10000000000000000 stars. Never been so excited reading books in my life as I did reading the Hush Hush series. Sadly this is the final book, the finale. Think I'll always feel the notion to read this series even when I'm old. Absolutely fantastic, although it's saddening to think that this is the last book in the series I am forever happy at finding these books. How I found them? Completely by chance; I had walked into a book store randomly and seen the 2nd book in the series which I bought (not expecting to be enthralled half as Mus as I was) upon leaving and arriving I opened the book to discover it was the second though I did continue reading after reading it I was mesmerized so I decided to go and buy the first 'hush, hush' read it then proceeded to buy the third 'Silence' and consequently found myself buying this on my kindle. Thank you Becca Fitzpatrick for sharing these wonderful books with me. As I said before this is the last book in the series and if you like an addictive book I recommend this series to everyone and always will have it as my favourite series of all time. In regards to this being the last in the series, 'Every song ends but is that any reason not to enjoy the music?'.
on 28 October 2012
Without a doubt, this is my faviourite book out of all the other books in the hush hush sequence. The book was filled with excellent twists which kept me guessing through out the whole book. I could not put this book down at all and read the whole book in less than 24 hours.

If I had to criticise this book it would be the ending. I didn't like how Nora found out about Vee and what Vee was. I think Vee should of been left as being known as human instead of finding out shes something else. I also was slightly disappointed that through the other 3 books, there was comments and hints about Nora and Patch having sex for the first time and it gave the impression that there would be a scene in the final book. (or maybe it was just me who wanted this to happen) Ha!

EITHER WAY, the rest of the book and the love between Patch and Nora is beautifully written. I have loved Patch and Nora's story and I am sad that it is over.

Can't wait for BLACK ICE now :D
on 25 December 2014
It's funny how Amazon asked me to do a review about 10 minutes after I finished reading the last one. Amazing series - definitely recommend it. I waited far too long to read it. However as it only comes with the first three, I now have to go and buy the last one. Unlucky for me, it's Christmas day and all the shops are closed. The books arrived just as expected, in great condition. Great value for money but you can imagine my frustration as (after I bought this) I walked into TKMAXX and saw all four of the books (exactly the same as the one here except it included the last one too) for the same price!