on 18 March 2012
So I am an avid reader of Sophie McKenzie, being 15 now I guess I'm getting a little old to be reading them but I still enjoy her previous books, which I found more action packed than this one.

Sophie McKenzie's previous books have always been amazing for me, mainly because of the action in them mixed with everything else like a little romance, this however was lacking the action; I felt. The romance was there; definitely. The action however, was not. Being me, I like my books with something always happening, with a twist to the plot for example. This book however, I thought was very predictable and I guessed what would happen from the beginning.

The book was of course superbly written as usual, I felt a connection with the characters and just the general way McKenzie describes settings and characters is as brilliant as ever. I just felt it was missing something; mainly like I said, action. The story felt slow to me and the same thing seemed to happen over and over again.

I am unclear on her target audience. I am 15 and I felt the book was aimed at my kind of age maybe 13-16, for me however it was an easy read but I understood everything River was going through because she is my age. I would recommend this to girls aged 13-16 who want a little bit of light reading; a book that doesn't need much thought but one that is a good read overall.

In the future I think I will stick to Mckenzie's more action-packed series!

Don't let me put you off however, it is as always one of her books that you can't put down and I finished it in a few hours and would not stop reading it, defiantly a great book for those who like a story full of romance, but not one for those who like adventure; you decide.
on 26 December 2012
I recently just read this book. I had previously read other books by Sophie McKenzie such as girl Missing and blood ties etc...I love many of her books, as they contain a lot of action but with a touch of romance too. However falling fast is more romance than action. It's about a 16 year old girl called River who takes an audition with her two friends for the role Juliet in the production of Romeo and Juliet. River believes in true love, and wants to find it.The story begins with whether she'll get the part of Juliet or her friend Emmi. The romance begins when River first sets her eyes on a boy called Flynn who is rather mysterious and tends to always be angry about something.The story is rather romantic, and tells the story of the reality of love between teenagers.The book is rather mature, and goes deep into relationships between boys and girls and so I wouldn't recommend this book to younger readers.I would recommend this book to girls who are 14 and over. If you enjoy a little teenage romance, with a few twists and turns then this is certainly the book for you. I enjoyed this book thoroughly so I recommend it!
on 9 May 2012
The first book I read by Sophie McKenzie made me think she was an author to watch. However, whether it's because I've grown up, I don't find her books as good as they used to be. The plot for Falling Fast is very thin and wishy-washy, but the characters are certainly intriguing. Flynn is not your usual YA romantic boy, and it's refreshing to see a different insight into love - it's not always easy but if it's meant it'll work out. River sometimes is a bit irritating, constantly putting herself down and comparing herself to her friends, but what girl hasn't done that? Overall it is a good book, but would recommend it only to the younger readers of YA fiction.
on 18 May 2013
even though I have a kindle when I see a really good book I always want to have a hard copy in paper and this book is amazing and you really do get hooked I would recommend to anyone
on 24 April 2016
Present No problems
on 30 January 2013
It is a fabulous book with a great story line. get ready to find yourself getting drawn into the unpredictable world of River, a girl who is living a nice life but has always felt in the shadow of her two best friends. Be prepared to feel a part of River's life and go on her roller coaster ride of love and acting with her friends and Flynn. Young teens will absolutely love this book and will be utterly compelled to carry on reading!!!!
on 26 December 2017
A really good book, interesting, etc. The service is also wonderful, along with the condition of it.
on 5 April 2014
A really enjoyable read. I found that I connected well with the characters in the book and enjoyed the writer's style.
on 2 January 2016
on 12 March 2013
I love Sophie Mckenzies books, this was another one to add to the books I have read by her and yet again it was brilliant !! Would definitely recommend to teenagers 13+ as we are going through similar situations as River, Emmi and Grace.