Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now

on 27 June 2011
I bought this book as a resource to help me gain more information about teaching the Forest School ethos to my college students, both in the classroom and on their early years placements. I also hoped it would contain enough information to ignite my dream of setting up my own business and enable me to use my recent purchase of woodland (which I purchased after researching the benefits of Forest Schools for a lesson to college students)with my family.
This book certainly lived up to my expectations! It is divided into different chapters each written by someone who has experienced leading Early years,SEN and teenagers/adults all of which interest me professionally and personally.
This is exactly what I wanted to read about! I could read case studies and form my own opinions from these experiences covering all ages that I personally come into contact with. (Early years placements and FE students ranging from level 1 - 3).
I quickly realised that I was reading something that completely supported my own thinking but up until recently had not given it a title or direction......
I have only just finished the book after reading it from cover to cover this weekend while camping in a field with my children.. so will need time to process some of my thoughts.. but feel mixed emotions as although I understand the benefits I may need to persuade my colleaques to realise that nature can support nurture...
For me it was like coming home and I agree with the statement on the back cover "..will be enthused and inspired by this book"....It worked for me!
on 11 March 2017
The book itself is amazing but the quality was not as described by the seller so I was dissapointed.
on 10 April 2015
Sent within the time, in good condition, no problems and a great - very useful - book for those involved the Forest School programme. Sara Knight such a thoughtful, caring and intelligent author and practitioner.
on 17 July 2015
Great book about Forest School as an all inclusive practice.
on 7 November 2015
Great Forest School book - great Forest School person.
on 13 July 2013
Really informative look at lots of different aspects of Forest School. Some inspiring examples of good practice & encourages reflection. Would have been 5 stars but for the fact that one or two chapters weren't as well written/thought out as all the rest.
Definitely worth buying.
on 12 January 2014
If your taking part in forest school training this is a must buy book full of helpful information to help with coursework.
on 31 October 2013
An excellent book, just what I needed for my qualification. Added to my knowledge and easy to read.I would recommend
on 29 December 2015
Bought as a reference book to accompany a school course. The contents were invaluable. Would recommend.
on 9 March 2015
I like this book, well researched and written by someone who is passionate about her work.
'Case studies' from a variety of settings including youth age group