on 24 March 2012
I am interested in Silk Painting, having done a couple of kits in the past. I was initially put off ordering this book due to the price, but it is well worth it's money.
It is well written and set out logically; the 'experiments' and techniques used are clear to understand and well laid out.
The artwork in the book, both by the author herself and contributing artists is insipiring.
Admittedly the clothing designs in the back are somewhat 'dated' but the techniques used to create the finish are still viable.

If you are interested in taking your silk painting further then this is worth buying.
on 20 July 2012
I had borrowed this book from our local library and found it a very useful guide, so when I was looking for books on silk painting, for a course I was about to run, I was delighted to see this book . It's rather retro in it's clothes and pictures, but as a source book for techniques it is really very good. And even better I got it second hand for 1p!!
What a bargin!
on 12 August 2013
I found the book very informative with very clear and easy to follow instructions. The pictures were well chosen and very inspiring with great practical sewing projects. I would recommend this book to any one wanting to experiment in the art of silk painting or looking for an easy, satisfying and relaxing hobby - with quick results! I just wish it were as easy to find the suppliers!
on 15 September 2002
Photographed artwork is inspirational. This book is easy to read and informative and just beautiful to own!
on 2 January 2013
I'm a beginner - never done it before and I now feel very confident and have made 6 painted scarves in just a couple of weeks. Lots of lovely pictures and tips.
on 13 November 2015