Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 October 2007
As a Pharmacist and as a Care Services Manager responsible for providing pharmaceutical advice to over 70 care homes, this book provides me with an invaluable source of high quality information. Absolutely everything is covered, including the legal and professional requirements. With individual monographs for around 300 drugs, this book is suitable for anyone who has to deal with the prescribing, dispensing, or administration of medications to be administered to patients with PEG or naso-gastric tubes. The information provided for each drug listed is extremely comprehensive and provides guidance and suggestions for the use of appropriate formulations, along with the pros and cons and suggestions for alternative routes of administration. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Expensive? Yes, but definitely worth it.
on 20 July 2011
As a radiotherapy radiographer and non-medical prescriber, I constantly treat Head and Neck patients with PEGs / RIGs.
I have found this book an extremely useful resource in providing my patients with the correct advice as to how to take their medicines via their PEG / RIG.
I initially bought it when doing a case-study for my Non-medical prescribing qualification.
Myself and my colleagues were so impressed with it, I have now donated it to the radiotherapy department for all to use.
The 1st section has practical information about enteral feeding tubes including how to flush the tubes, how to use different formulations of drugs with eneteral tubes, sizes of syringes for introduction of drugs into the eneteral tubes - and much more.
The next section lists common drugs in A-Z format. For, each drug, it tells you what formulation it comes in and whether it can be used via an eneteral feeding tube. If it can't, there will be an alternative drug / formulation suggested.
It's only drawback is that it's a text-book and as other reviewers have commented, text-books go out of date relatively quickly.
Even so, we have found that most commonly used medicines do not change much and the book is still a very useful resource.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.
on 11 April 2010
Good and concise. Gives you all of the information you need for the medications included but is not as up to date as the website even though this is the current edition. Website access is probably the better option.
on 13 August 2014
Very easy-reading book. Good for physicians, nurses and everyone that have to deal with patients using tubes.
I ordered from abroad and received faster than I expected. I do recommend
on 17 February 2013
Highly recommended for pharmacists, dietitians/nutritionists, nursing, medical staff who look after patients with enteral feeding tubes. We have one in Intensive Care.
on 7 September 2014
exactly what I needed for work. easy to read. Easy to understand. clear diagrams. Recommend to anyone involved in enteralfeeding.