Customer reviews

on 26 August 2016
great book for gender / media studies
on 26 April 2017
This is the second copy I have purchased. It's not in depth but an interesting and discussion provoking text.
on 11 March 2014
A collection of Guardian essays and interviews with some amazing women, many of whom deserve to be a lot more well known. This book is a good companion to anyone with an interest in Feminism, anyone taking a Women's Studies course, and anyone interested in social history.
I bought it to refresh my knowledge of feminism for an essay on Feminism and GIS, as part of my Applied Geographic Information Systems Masters course. It is easier and faster to read than a text book, and gives a good overall account of activism and change since the 1970s.
on 21 November 2013
Bought this for my sister as she is a die hard feminist. She will love it, but I had a flick through and it had a good amount of information in a well presented way. I am certain she will love it.
on 9 November 2014
A fantastic collection of essays on Feminism from 1971-2011
on 31 January 2013
I haven't read this yet, as I bought it for a friend's birthday gift, but she tells me that she is really enjoying reading it .
on 13 October 2013
Took me back to my early feminist days. Wish their had been a revolution, not watered down version we have today.
on 10 November 2014
Brilliant for all ages. very empowering.