Customer reviews

The Bread of Life: Preparing for First Confession and First Communion
Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 April 2013
I bought this for my grandson in Ireland and my son and his wife tell me it is very helpful to teach their young son about receiving these important sacraments.
on 21 April 2012
This book has a great balance between information and activity ideal for 7-8 year olds. There is good use of biblical stories and there is a very clear account of the sacraments themselves.
on 26 April 2009
I've been trying to find a good book for preparing my children for their First Holy Communion for some years now, and this by far the best I have found. It takes the form of 15 clear, well-structured and illustrated lessons. At the end of each lesson are some easy tasks and pictures for the child to colour in and so reinforce the lesson covered.

Unlike many books which emphasise the idea of Communion being a shared meal, this book instead focuses on the Real Presence and the preparation needed to receive God worthily in the Blessed Sacrament.

I used it to prepare my eight year old son for his First Holy Communion and found it to be excellent. We both enjoyed the lessons and at the end he had a good understanding of what he was about to embark on. Not only can I highly recommend it, I have bought it for all my god children!
on 1 February 2013
this volume is excellent in its content. My First Communion class is older than many, and I needed material that was not at all babyish. In fact, have used it with an adult.
However, I bought four copies through Amazon, and one of them was in such terrible condition it should never have been sold. Sharp pencil marks all through, not rubbed out, and some coloured pencil. The other three were pristine.

I found the prices rather high for this volume as well, but had to purchase as my classes were already underway.
on 17 November 2016
An excellent resource to help prepare a child to receive his first holy communion. Thank you very much.
on 21 November 2015