on 25 April 2015
This is a useful commentary on 1 Samuel which is proving useful as we are tackling it in Bible study at the church I pastor at the moment. Like most Welwyn commentaries is real strength is over viewing the passage and so it is very helpful in getting the feel of the passage when preparing. As is also usual with the Welwyn commentary series it is a very easy read and not particularly aiming to be academic which makes it very helpful for personal Bible study but also useful to get you started when doing sermon preparation. I'm using this alongside Dale Ralph Davis's excellent commentary on 1 Samuel and every now and again I'm finding that Keddie provides very helpful extra insights into the text. All in all a very good commentary (definitely worth half a star more) at a reasonable price!
on 5 February 2013
I bought this book in a sale and took it as part of my holiday reading last year.

It was well worth reading, helpful and inspiring and I look forward to reading Gordon Keddies book on 2 Samuel, and hopefully gaining the same blessing from it.
on 28 May 2016
Only half way through it.,,