Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 May 2012
This book has a lot of invaluable information that will help you not only live in a more natural way in accordance with nature, but it will save you money! I started cutting my nails on the days told by the book and now they are strong (before they used to bend a lot) and they grow faster, so it works! And that is just one example...
on 22 March 2012
I bought this book many years ago and have had great use of it. But, I do have one comment since I see it is still the same edition that is being sold here. The lunar calendar in the back of the book, which was very useful for me, goes only to 2010 and needs therefor to be updated to be of any use for new buyers.
on 28 December 2000
At first glance, this seems too far off the wall to be relevant in your life - but once you allow yourself time and space to see just how little credence it needs to affect so much of your life, you will keep on reading. Setting haystacks and erecting fences may not be on your list of jobs to do, but washing your floor and skin care surely will be at some time! An evening spent notating your diary with the waxing and waning of the moon will save days of anguish wondering why your seeds did not sprout and if your surgical operation really should be scheduled at the time of the full moon... Ancient Mayan cultures and the modern hedgewitch can't all be wrong - if your house has been flooded with the high spring tide and if you wonder why your husband is so volatile just at the full moon, this is the book for you.
on 24 March 2014
it just arrived and I sat glued to my seat reading it absorbing loads of amazing info. I immediately put instructions to use by cleaning my brass pendants (as I had run out of brass cleaner) and as the moon is waning at the moment it is the perfect time for cleaning pursuits! Presto, clean jewelry without having to buy 'brasso' and the ingredients would be found in almost everyone's kitchen. Delighted with all the knowledge pertaining to every day life ....unlimited usages in these pages...no end to it... as in when best time to undergo surgical operations for specific parts of the body, times beneficial for detox/fasting ect...and obviously when to plant /harvest ...all from countless millenia of human observation of nature in action and how the moon phases and position affects virtually everything around us...modern 'scientific' man has much to learn from our ancestors...this book even advises best times to clean house, wash clothes AMAZING time saving remedies as certain phases of moon are more beneficial for certain activities than others..so why waste time doing things at the wrong time ...why picking /planting fruit /veg/ roots at the right time is well worth doing..etc.... I know suspect that the reason my hair washes and dries and 'sits' better some days (inexplicably so it seemed in the past) must be undoubtedly down to moon phases and which sign the moon is in...I havent yet read the entire book so much more to absorb yet, all I can say is it has already paid for itself me not having to buy brass or copper polish etc or window cleaner ....and it mentions which animals sit in 'negative energy' places for humans (cats) helping one to avoid sleeping/sitting in certain parts of a room, and those that like to perch on 'good' energy places such as birds and dogs etc...I've heard of this before with cats, all interesting stuff. I will be watching animals far more closely from now on ...even bees and ants! Wow, nature is wonderful!
on 9 February 2013
There are so few books on this subject, in fact this is the only one I can find and it is so fastinating. It works but it also takes a lot to get in tune and apply this knowledge, but if you make that time it really feels right. I want more info, so another book please.
on 15 June 2015
Great book, taking me a long time to read and re read and going back and forth to the relevant charts.I am starting on the smaller issus and more reading to do as I start to incorporate it as a life style.thanks have been interested in this subject for many years.
on 18 June 2012
I bought this and another moon book. I am now all kitted out to learn this way of being; Living in tune with the Moon. It really is very interesting and the book really interesting to dip in and out of as a reference book to this kind of planet. Fab!
on 26 April 2009
I have to admit I have not finished the book yet but What I have read has been very interesting indeed. My only issue is that I did find the explanations slightly confusing and had to read certain paragraphs a few times for it to sink in. Maybe it will all come together once i read the whole thing? :) very enjoyable book though, I would recommend it!
on 10 February 2017
Contents of this book make a lot of sense- we have lost a lot of connections with the natural world. Inspiring
on 3 July 2014