Customer reviews

on 3 March 2015
This is fantastic, as a biologist that has swung more to herbalism i really appreciate this work as the author has compiled alot of the roots that are between the conventional understanding and the magic vitalism of plants and their contents.
on 17 April 2017
In my view one of the very best books I have ever read on the properties of herbs/medicinal plants.

It explains biochemistry in such a clear concise way and goes into a lot of detail on how chemical components of plants react with the human body

In one word ............ OUTSTANDING.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 April 2017
Very good just what I wanted.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 January 2010
Really useful. I study Chemistry and am interested in Herbology too so this was a good cross between the two. However I didn't expect it to be so short which is why I give it 4 stars.
22 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 February 2016
Delighted with my new book.
on 19 January 2013
Delivered in record time .Great little book, well worth it my wife want to start a herbal medicine course and this is a good introduction to this field of study
on 8 October 2012
This book serves as an introduction to the constituents of medicinal plants. Understanding them and how they affect the body is crucial for those desiring to raise themselves above the occasional herbal hobbyist. For those studying medical herbology, it is an invaluable little reference book and introduction into the chemistry of plants.

Although a little basic understanding of chemistry is helpful, it is not crucial in order to appreciate this book. My very basic chemistry knowledge from ages ago in school - and that I added to through the years as an autodidact - are quite enough to value this book as a great little reference book. I know it will be in good use in my personal library.

The author did as he promised in making this book easily readable and understood by the herbology student and lay reader.
on 5 February 2005
When i first saw this book i tought it would be a book for children but it isn't! It describes every constituents of medicinal plants and its structure. A very good book to understand a bit more of chemistry and fun to read. It requires a knowlowedge of chemistry (I am only 16 and understood it so it won't be hard to you). A very good reference and an encyclopedia of knowledge, buy it!
on 10 May 2007
This book is excellent if you are studying herbal medicine and need more info about constituents. It is very easy to read and understand.
on 19 October 2007
I'm having a Tee-shirt made up with that motto. HONC being a mneumonic I found in this book. I'm reading for a BSc (Hons)Herbal Medicine and am finding this book incredibly useful. I would recommend it to anyone who is a little shaky on biochemistry and prefers their information delivered in English!