on 24 June 2001
As the title suggests, Sasha Fenton does the reader wonderful justice by offering us in-depth descriptions of the traits of each rising sign. No where else have I found a book which clearly illustrates personality traits as thoroughly as Sasha Fenton's 'Rising Signs.' Furthermore, Sasha backs up her conclusions with research of subjects gleaned over 15 years of study.
After a brief overview of the rising sign at the beginning of the book and how it represents the public persona of the reader generally, Sasha further includes charts of times and dates, enabling the reader to determine their own rising sign. Sasha suggests that the rising sign/ascendant manifests at the moment of our birth, and reflects our earliest experiences of life as well as our early programming, which we thus project outwards through our 'public persona.'
Apart from Sasha's extraordinary detail into the idiosyncracies of each rising sign, she also further enlightens us by divulging her personal conclusions of the meaning of cusps, a deviation from traditional norms of mainstream astrology, but none-the-less seemingly accurate. From a personal stand-point, I can confidently say that Sasha's description of my cusp was remarkably accurate.
This is the sort of book that one keeps handy for reference purposes. It is difficult to source in-depth profiles of rising signs at the best of times, yet Sasha Fenton achieves this feat in an easy-to-read style that suits all readers alike, from layman to student to intermediate astrologer. Her research speaks for itself; this is indeed a marvellous, insightful book.
on 27 March 2005
I work as a professional astrologer and astrology tutor. This is such an excellent book that I have bought a second copy to lend to students. I would strongly recommend this book for beginners and more experienced astrologers alike.
on 16 November 2014
Book more suited to someone new to astrology. Book gives brief interpretations and unfortunately did not tell me anything new.