Customer reviews

on 26 September 2014
Reading this book has reignited something in me. I was starting to loose sight of that torch light that led to my destination due to all the competing lights such as a career job, finding a good woman to settle down with, even ministry. I still want to build my dream future with God at the head of it, and the last chapter really gave me a lot to think about. I will definitely recommend this book to anyone who feels they have a direction.
on 1 June 2015
I love this book. The condition of the book was not what I would have hoped. It had a stick residue all over it.
on 10 October 2015
Some worthy insights into life management. Got put off with the religious sections in it that I never expected as I never reviewed the book prior to reading. Worthwhile.
on 30 April 2013
Ideal book for anyone wanting to follow the right paths according to the truths in the Bible. And the personal examples in Andy's own life of ups and downs are also a great encouragement.
on 14 May 2009
This is my first Andy Stanley book. I've listened to him and his dad on podcasts. He is as easy to follow as his father and is as easy to follow in written form as he is in spoken. He is a communicator par excellence.
The thesis of the book is that you can get where you want to get to if you choose to focus on the steps to get you there. It's not brain surgery. In fact a few times I found myself having "Aw doh !" moments when think yes well that's plain to see. However what Andy does so well is remind us in a gentle straight forward easily understood way.
He uses the stories so well to illustrate about and from, the points he's trying to make. Old Testament David is his prime narrative source but he intertwines personal experiences too.

All in all a good how to book - that is, how to live a fulfilled life - making choices - taking steps to where you want to get to.
Thanks Andy
2 people found this helpful
on 29 April 2009
This remarkable book is both simple and deep, and caused me to reflect on my life and how the twists and turns of my many adventures have led me to where I am now. It asks the hard questions, and contains ageless wisdom, applicable to any stage of your life. It asks:
"Are there disconnects in your Life? Are there discrepancies between what you desire in your heart and what you are doing in your life? Is there alignment between your intentions and your direction?"

Andy Stanley helps us connect the dots, and helps us see how "Today's decisions create tomorrow's experiences." And he sets us on a Truth Quest in Chapter 5, "The Heart of the Matter." This chapter gives us many examples of why your brain shouldn't take orders from your heart, and how "Telling ourselves the truth is liberating, but it can be terrifying."

Chapter 10 pulls it all together with the final realization (especially for those of us who have already burned some bridges) that some of our dreams will not become reality, and that "Some destinations become unreachable because of lifestyle choices. Some are unreachable because of a single decision." Some rest entirely on us, some on what others have done, but "We are where we are, we aren't where we want to be-and there's nothing that can be done to change that." This may all sound depressing, but it's like wiping the slate clean and dealing with the present with a clear mind and biblically sound principles of truth.

Andy Stanley is a pastor and founder of North Point Ministries, and has authored many books. He is also the son of well known minister and television Bible teacher, Dr. Charles Stanley, of In Touch Ministries. He has a clear and concise writing style, without ever being dry and boring. "The Principle of the Path" has the feeling of an earnest conversation at your kitchen table, and hits home with every chapter. It can also be used for a small study group, and has an excellent study guide in its final 24 pages. This book will dig deep if you let it, and will bring forth gold.
3 people found this helpful