Customer reviews

on 25 February 2013
I love reading books by Max Lucado. I imagine him being a soft-spoken gentleman with a very close relationship with God who delights in pointing others to Him.

This book is such an amazing book for anyone who is in doubt or not fully convinced that it is possible to be like Jesus. Max starts and ends this book by stating that "God loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. More than anything, He wants you to be just like Jesus." What an amazing revelation.

The layout of the book is a very interesting one. Max starts each chapter with a scripture, which the reader is to ponder. Then he encourages the reader step by step on ways to be like Jesus. I would not go into all the steps as that would defeat the purpose of the review, but I would highlight points I found noteworthy.

The fact that you are loved right where you are is a relief as you can be rest assured that His love does not decrease with lack of performance or mistakes. You are loved right where you are. This revelation makes one realise that as we are shown mercy and love, it is our responsibility to show that same mercy and love to others around us irrespective of how they have grieved us. As Max puts it: "Relationships don't thrive because the guilty are punished but because the innocent are merciful".

He also lays emphasis on the fact that having a constant relationship with Jesus (by spending time with Him and studying the scriptures) is the first step to being like Jesus. The tools needed for this are a regular time and place, an open bible and an open heart. With these tools, you are ready to be like Jesus. Being like Jesus is a process aided by these tools.

The beauty of it is that we can be just like Jesus because we have been wired to do so from the beginning of time. We need to tune in until we get to a point where separation from God is definitely death.
on 18 April 2013
This book completely changed my life. I not only love the way it just penetrated my heart and made me desire to be more Christ like ... It enabled me to view Christ's heart in many aspects of our lives eg in forgiveness, in compassion and I understand that that's how we are to approach these same issues of life. I love how Max applied his own testimony and views on how Christ approached each situation.. Especially his view of the leper!
on 25 September 2000
a must buy for all christians, especially those who have recently found God. I found it a thoroughly moving and thought provoking book. Read in one session it brought tears to my eyes and God closer to my heart.Thank you Max for another Classic. I have lent it to several friends and reviews are all the same - an incitful book in a wonderfully readable style. Max talks to you rather than preaches and shows us all what we should strive for.
on 20 May 2013
Max Lucado is the author of a number of inspiration, gift and children's book. In `Just Like Jesus', Max takes us on a journey to restore our hearts and to understand how we can change aspects of our lives to be `Just like Jesus'. In each chapter we look at different ways in which this can be done and for us to ultimately model our lives on him, settling for nothing less. We seen in each chapter examples of the way that God loves us - just the way we are, but that he refuses to leave us the way that he often finds us - in despair, broken, lost, searching.

Max has a very clear and engaging style of writing as if he is having a conversation with you. I didn't want to put the book down and throughout felt inspired to stretch myself, he encourages you to be and do more with the life you are living.

Just like Jesus is not one of those `single read' books, but it's that kind of book filled with so many interesting nuggets you will undoubtedly find yourself going back to again and again.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255
on 30 January 2002
This is not an easy read.Max Lucado does not miss you and hit the wall! The author challenges us to think how different our lives would be if Jesus were to live our life for one day with his heart. Would people see a difference? What would change?
Buy it, read it and you will never be the same.
on 4 April 2013
This book is fantastic! Its a short easy to read book and challenges us about having a heart like Jesus, each chapter looks at a differnt aspect of God's heart such as a forgiving heart, a compassionate heart, a listening heart, a God-intoxicated heart, the list goes on, it is incredibly challenging and comes with a study guide at the end, the study guide really completes the book as it asks questions and suggests things for you to do that are incredibly helpful, I would recommend this to anyone a lovely book!Would make a great gift for someone x
on 5 December 2012
Once again another book that is filled of so much insightful writing. One that reveals so much encouragement but can be very thought provoking and challenging to one's walk with God and their relationship with Him. A challenge to fulfill what God wants for us on a personal basis with not an ounce of condemnation but the realisation that none of us are perfect but there is so much more for us to achieve. We can do all that God asks by building up our relationship with Him and following the personal plan He has for each and every one of us
on 28 May 2012
This was a present for my grand father who suffers with poor eyesight he loves it and is able to read it without his magnifying glass.
on 9 April 2014
I first read this in Norwegian, but was so disappointed when it was not longer in sale.. So I eventually ended up with the english version, which is way better than nothing, even though I can't get all my friends to read it in english..
on 24 October 2016
Best book ever by Max Lucado. I have read it several times and gave as gifts to family and friends. Must read.