on 9 February 1999
I felt I owed it to my man, Deion, for all of the commitment he's given to the excitement and elevation of big-time, prime-time sports. He's always showed us the glamour we wanted to see in the ultra-fast lane of show-time atheletics. My sons and I stop talking and get glued to the screen whenever he's on it- on the field or off. We've never understood the criticism and he's welcome to claim himself as a role model for my boys.M, P, & S was a relatively light, easy read for me. I wish there had been more about the inner motivation, even in the early years, which engendered in him such extreme confidence, such determination, yet kept him humble enough to train year in and year out to keep at his physical peak. It's easy to see what propels him now- T. D. Jakes' influence. And I was curious enough about that influence to order more on Bishop Jakes- and that's just what Deion wanted. Great read; try it.Hal DockinsJackson, MS
on 18 May 1999
THE BOOK WAS FUN TO READ AND VERY INTRESTING. I DID INFACT LIKE THE IDEA THAT DEION HIMSELF TOLD THE STORY. HE DIDN'T HIDE ANYTHING HE KEPT IT REAL. GOD KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING WHEN HE SPARED DEION'S LIFE. THIS MAN HAS A TESTIMONY FOR YA!! IMAGINE IF MICHEAL JORDAN OR MICHEAL JACKSON TURNED THEIR LIFE OVER TO GOD. THIS WOULD IMPACT A LOT OF PEOPLE. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO GOD MAY USE NEXT. ........
on 16 July 1999
I enjoyed getting to know a man that I have been familiar with from the day that he signed to play football with Florida State University. I have been a fan of Deion Sanders for many years and this book gave me more respect for the MAN as well as the athlete. I encourage everyone to read this book and examine their own lives as they do and find out where they are in their daily walk. Truly inspirational.
on 4 July 2005
Before I read this book I just assumed that the story of Deion Sanders was the same as any other Pro Athlete, but this is something special. It is an astonishingly personal book where Deion really bares his soul for the reader to see. It is also a wonderful account of how God can work in all peoples live, even those who are percieved to have everything. I would recommend this book to everyone.
on 7 January 1999
Deion's story is certainly worth telling. However, he shouldn't have been the one doing it. This book is a very difficult read and only the most interested individuals can make it through. It is filled with redundancies and meanderings. The editing is non-existant and my edition, the first press run, wasn't even proofed by Deion himself. It is still a story worth knowing though.
on 9 December 1998
For any man who has ever had problems with "power, sex or money," this is a must-read. This book covers the trials and triumphs of one of the NFL's most controversial - yet entertaining athletes of all-time. Find out where Deion receives the necessary strength to play in both the World Series and the Super Bowl. You'll be amazed!
on 4 December 1998
This book is a must have. Deion tells his life story and he shares all of his trials and tribulations. Anyone who reads this book will see that Jesus is the true answer as Deion found for himself. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is looking for true meaning to life.
on 1 January 1999
This is a must read book for any Prime Time fan. Deion has always been big-time on the field, but now he has spiritual guidance to help him. It's a great story to show others where their priorities should be.
on 29 October 1998
As a fellow Christian, I thought that this book was very open, honest and thought provoking. My continued prayers for Mr. Sanders and his family.
on 2 January 1999
I enjoyed learning about this true "winner"'s life story. It was quite interesting, though it seemed like more clarification would help. The point of the 2nd half of this book is to promote charismatic-Christian T.D. Jakes and his ministry. I was extremely disappointed with the T.D. Jakes sermon which Deion inserts in this book. In this sermon, Jakes tries to motivate people to become Christians because of how God is the "power source" which everyone needs to get through their problems in life. Unfortunately, this is not Jesus Christ's PRIMARY teaching. Jesus taught that all people need to come to Him because all need forgiveness of sins, and He has been given the power and authority to forgive everyone who submits their life to Him...BUTTTT, NOT SUBMISSION TO JESUS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU CAN GET OUT OF HIM, BUT RATHER BECAUSE ALL PEOPLE OWE HIM THEIR LIVES!! Getting "saved" means recognizing your debt to God for all of your sins against Him and His moral laws, and consequently asking for and receiving Jesus Christ's righteousness as your own, because you can't earn it yourself. Good works do not pay our sin debt...but rather good works are merely our DUTY to God. There is no mention of the central themes of Christianity until page 160 of "repentance, confession, sin, wrath of God, debt to God" etc etc. I'm sorry T.D., but Christianity is not PRIMARILY concerned with "empowerment, self-help, and psychology", but rather the eternal matters of heaven and hell! -I hope Deion makes a clean break from prosperity preachers of "hot tub religion" like T.D. Jakes. God is surely angry with ANYONE who is getting rich off the Gospel like Jakes and many others (Hinn, Tilton, Oral Roberts etc). Jakes' point about how God is "flamboyant", was the most childish theological explanation I think I've ever heard (page 135). According to Jakes, God is quite happy when His people dress extravagantly because the high priest Aaron in the book of Leviticus was called to wear a costly, jewel studded garment. First of all, Aaron didn't own the robe any more than Bill Clinton owns the White House. Secondly, Aaron, as the high priest was the MEDIATOR to God in the Old Testament, and wore these HOLY, set apart garments in the presence of God in the holy of holies to represent God's holiness. T.D. Jakes: sorry, but Jesus is the mediator now, and you're extravagance should be sickening to the many low income people whom pay for your alligator shoes and $1.8 million house. Sincerely, helisek.1@osu.edu