Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 May 2010
I bought this having already purchased some of the author's books for children which I found excellent. I had not read any of his books before. I found it really encouraging and well written. He has the gift of encouragement, there's no doubt about that, and he uses stories from his own life or from other people, with greet effect. The first chapter was a bonus to me as I was able to relate to it so well at that time. I would recommend it to anyone to keep by the bed and delve into before going to sleep. It most certainly provides excellent food for thought. I have found myself putting his words into actions and that, in itself, is a testimony to the author.
on 1 April 2010
This arrived when I was going through a really low period recently. It really spoke to me - the right book for the right time that met the need that I had at the time. I cried as read it as I was so overwhelmed. Beautifully written. Completely accessible. Very highly recommended.
on 23 September 2011
I am currently half way through this book, but i'm determined to finish it... I tend to make a habit of not finishing books. So far from what i've read it's ok; there are several things that have made me think about things in a new light. However i don't think its a book that i'll rush to grab off the shelf again. For me, its a book that you need to be in the season to read for it to apply to you. Maybe im just not there yet... who knows! It seems to be a very random haphazard book, there's not really a flow to it. Nonetheless, if you choose to buy it you won't necessarily be wow-ed but you won't be bored.
on 25 April 2002
If you have read Max before you know what to expect and you won't be disapointed this book is in true Max Lucado style,thought provoking,to the point and easy to understand all with Max's unique style.If you haven't read anything by Max before then this is as good as any one to start.You get the pleasure of reading a novel mixed with the enjoyment of learning about Jesus
A truly great book as all Max's are.
on 10 September 2011
A beautiful book, in a beautiful cover on good quality paper. Something to
read over and over and keep for ever.
on 25 March 2014
Mr Lucado does it again in this book which will leave you with no doubt of the Love of God for you. His use of stories will leave you thinking for hours afterwards about their application. This book also has study notes at the end for more personal application. Excellent!
on 22 May 2013
I bought a copy for myself and liked it so much I bought a copy for a friend. I found it inspiring and easily readable.
on 17 March 2014
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a fresh look at their relationship with God. With Max's unique ability to bring bible characters into modern day situations that we can relate to, you will not be able to put this book down. With study helps and guidelines in the back of the book, you can share it with larger circles outside yourself.
on 22 October 2010
Bought this book for a gift but took a glance at a few pages and it seems to be very good.
on 18 March 2013
I like the way he uses stories and analogies to express spiritual truths. It gives the spiritual a practical side. Thanks MaxI