on 3 August 2017
Books were satisfactory
on 22 April 2017
Excellent
on 3 January 2012
Unlike the previous review, I did not find this book dark but rather one which gave illumination and a great deal of encouragement. The Bible tells us that "Spirit calleth unto spirit" and if you are experiencing any kind of trials or difficulties at the time of reading this book, I believe that it will touch your heart 'spirit to spirit' likewise.

I have read quite a few of Charles Swindoll's books in this particular series and found that this was one of the best and most helpful books which I have read so far (this series or otherwise). Each time I picked this book up and read from it, it seemed to relate to a situation I was experiencing at that given time... Personally, I found this book to be a God send... amazing. Next to my Bible, this is perhaps one of my most favourite books.
on 29 January 2014
The detail of the life of moses is very revealing and this book tells all. It also exposes the debatable points for you to do further research.
on 6 March 2015
What a writer this man is, really enjoying this book and being challenged by it
on 27 August 1999
As a fan of Chuck Swindoll, I've read and really enjoyed many of his books. This one, however, has a tone I haven't seen before. He paints a dark and foreboding picture of those who love the Lord. 'You may be in the depths of despair,' 'you may be at a very bad time in your life,' 'you may be very unhappy,' 'you may have just lost a loved one,' etc. The book is full of this type of thoughts. I really fell sorry for Swindoll, who, after thirty years in the ministry can say, "But I can't name many true, caring, servanthearted shepherds." He must have had a rough ministry, because a pastor can't live without such people. The book is about 10% Moses and 90% Swindoll's dark lessons to be learned from Moses' life. I liked it about 10%. As opposed to Phillip Yancey's uplifting books, The Jesus I Never Knew, and What's So Amazing About Grace, Moses left me really down.