on 16 November 2012
It is my way these days, due to airline pitiful luggage allowance when travelling pleb class, to note titles seen in local shops and order when I return home. This was one such gem I found.The fabulous colour photos, including a dozen fold-out panoramas, do total justice to this delightfully mental city. Great shots of the standard tourist set pieces plus a miriad of well spotted architectural bits and bobs that please the eye. Brilliant value too. If you're dithering just buy it.
on 24 January 2010
This book could have been so much better if more interesting/livelier shots had been taken. I've slowly skimmed through it and some of the shots aren't that engrossing at all. I don't regret buying it, but the author could easily have made it better, though. Some of the photos seem to be 'fillers' to give the book it's thickness ..... not that it's that thick, though. A book worth buying if you're desperate to see what New York's like, but I wouldn't highly recommend it, though.
on 7 April 2014
I bought this as a gift. The book looks dated and the images inside didn't grab me at all. I didn't feel it was special enough to give as a gift so sent it back.
on 24 September 2013
A pictorial reflexion on the' Big Apple' so good I've perused more than twice. Would recommend as it's a small book and easy to handle
on 7 December 2014
hBought as a gift, although it wasn't what I thought I'd ordered, I was lovely to look throug. Fabulous photo's of N.Y..
on 22 April 2013
My son is fascinated by New York and loved this book. Fabulous photos. Would recommend for any fans of the city.
on 10 August 2013
Was a great gift for a friend who was travelling to New York to get married. Very pleased with it.
on 16 February 2005
When I opened the package I couldn't believe my eyes. The calendar is HUGE, both size and quality wise. The front page, an ashtounding view of Manhattan's sunset, just gives you a sneak preview of what's to come when you explore the rest of the pages. Amazing pictures of Central Park, exotic corners of the city, brilliant skylines, and a perfect review of the city's most known attractions. A must for every lover of the city that never sleeps, like myself. To complete the package it includes a full 12-months calendar poster displaying a great full view of the Statue of Liberty. Can one ask for more?
on 6 June 2016