on 2 February 2012
So once again I wish we could give half a star. Given the option I would have rated this book 3 and 1/2 stars rather than the full four as I've rated better books at 4 in the past (whilst I try to avoid 5's altogether without a very good reason, no such thing as perfection in most cases).

This is what I class as a light read. Its not particularly short, but neither is it especially long and its not the sort of novel that gives me pause for thought. That said, its not bad, but not great. I'll avoid the synopsis as there are multiple versions available already.

This story focuses on two characters, Liam, a fae-cat shifter and Kim a laywer working on a high profile case trying to prove the innocence of a shifter accused of murder. Both characters have their quirks, least of which is Liam's rather strong Irish brogue - slightly overdone at times (in my opinion at least). Kim is not really a very memorable character to me, having only read the novel in full yesterday I had a bit of trouble making her stand out in my mind... Liam does, though not a whole lot more, but Kim completely fizzled out after about an hour.

The characters are not particularly strong and this isn't the best written novel either, its straight forward, simple to read and tries to keep the plot running, though I felt that at times it meandered a little.

A decent read for a slow afternoon but nothing amazing. If you like paranormal and shifter romance novels go for it.
on 5 March 2012
I really wanted to enjoy this book but sadly it was quite disappointing, the story was ok but it was the characters that let the book down for me, you never got to know what they were feeling and thinking you could only get insight into the characters liam and kim when they were talking to each other so they didn't feel real to me. The love scenes were pointless and emotionless, they were just words without emotion you had to guess they were enjoying it. Overall it did have the making of a good book but I like my characters to feel real when I'm reading so I can get sucked in and enjoy but sadly by the time I got halfway through I began flicking pages just so it would end and that's not me because when I read a book I like to read every word of it. Would I keep reading the series??? Only if I had nothing at all to read but I wouldn't go out to buy it.
on 2 January 2018
I'll defo be buying book 2 the love story was great and the main characters where all sweat hearts you want them all to get there happy endings. I can't wait to read more about shifter town.
on 4 October 2017
Fantastic read, Couldn't put it down. Very addictive read. Highly recommend this book to all Shifter lover book readers. I loved this book and can"t wait to read book 2.
on 27 March 2015
Really good book to read, had romance to make any girl sigh. Sexy men and gorgeous women. Hilarious parts that make you nearly pee yourself. As I said very good book.
on 22 June 2016
This is an interesting view of the Shifter world view point, i like the story content
on 11 February 2017
excellent read
on 24 April 2013
I loved this book!!! I would put it in the same category as the Black Dagger Brotherhood - brooding gorgeous males to do over but also a very good story to go along with it! Anyway ordered the second book!
on 13 June 2014
i have become addicted to these stories about shifters finding their mates, there is always some humor, action and suspension
on 14 December 2016