on 31 August 2012
I found this book to be rather enjoyable with an interesting storyline and well defined characters, though I got to admit I found the love scenes rather tame!

I did find it rather frustrating that Diablo, being the pirate he was, did not realise how vindictive Scarlett could be and how far she would go to get him back. He should have remembered 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'.
on 4 January 2013
This is a reasonable read but not her best.It won't be 1 I will save to read again.She has written much better so don't be put off with this.
on 17 March 2011
The basic story of this book was ok, but the plot was so contrived and the characters were nothing more than cringeworthy cliches. For example our hero, the pirate Diablo, wears tight black trousers, baggy white shirt, red sash, brandishes a cutlass and with his braced legs apart throws his head back and roars with laughter at some spirited remark made by the dim-witted heroine, Devon (strange name). All he needed was an earring and to be singing yo ho ho and a bottle of rum and we'd have had the works.

I am giving the book two stars because I did manage to finish it, but I shan't be reading it again. Oh and while I'm having a moan, I do wish American writers, when writing about British people in Britain, would stop using words like 'cent', we have pennies, 'drapes' instead of curtains and my particular (makes me want to shred the book to bits) hate is 'Fall' instead of AUTUMN. Enough said I'm off to soothe my ruffled feathers with my much loved and much read Judith McNaught's Kingdom of Heaven.
on 12 September 2012
not a bad read but if your looking for a male that's like a dog on heat throughout the book then this definitely the book for you
on 21 September 2006
Connie Mason has got almost everything right in this fast-paced adventure on the high seas! It starts at the hangman's noose, with Diablo, the famous pirate, about to be hanged. Avoiding death & escaping with a noblewoman as his hostage, Diablo takes to the seas again, promising to return his captive to her family. What follows is an excellent romance/adventure, with lots of drama, passion & a really good plot. The middle does drag slightly, & the constant to-ing and fro-ing between the distrustful protagonists can be a bit wearing, but on the whole this is an excellent book! The twists and turns make sure you stay interested and the ending is pure romance! I'd definitely recommend it!
on 16 December 2011
Love This Story. It Really Has Got Everything. Its Sexy. Has Action. Fast Paced Romance. Its Brilliant. I Would Reccomend This To Everyone. It Took A While To Read And Just When You Think it Will End Pow. Something Else Happens. Worth The Time. Great To Lye In Bed Reading. xD