on 12 May 2013
This is a set of ten stories which have been shortened and use American phrases, so they are not the original stories as written by Roger Hargreaves. Very disappointing if you are familiar with the original British versions. If you want your children to share the experience and delight you had as a child in reading these excellent stories, you're better off buying the fuller UK box set.

To find out which version you have: look up Mr Tickle - if he reaches for a 'biscuit' at the start of the story, it's the British version; if he reaches for a 'cookie' it's the American one, which also has some paragraphs and images deleted, no doubt to satisfy shorter attention-spans.
on 23 May 2017
As expected
on 12 January 2012
I was disappointed in this item because the product description is inaccurate. Although of good quality, the set contains only the first ten Mr Men Books and no Little Miss stories. I particularly wanted Mr Jelly, Mr Rush and Mr Mean but these were not included! For future potential buyers the set comprises; Mr Tickle, Mr Greedy, Mr Happy, Mr Sneeze, Mr Nosey, Mr Bump, Mr Snow, Mr Messy, Mr Topsy-Turvey and Mr Silly.It is a 40th Anniversary set.
11 Comment| 321 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2015
Firstly it's not a complete box set but an anniversary set of 10 but great to take away on holidays. My four year old son loves these books and the stories. So we're happy.
on 14 December 2012
When I give gifts, they must look perfect and for this reason, I took a star off. I bought it as a gift for my 5 year old nephew who loves Mr Men (he already had Mr Happy but his was paperback and luckily this whole set was hardback).

Positives:
- 10 books at a cost of £10 less than retail price if each book was bought from high street bookshops (however see below for the negative side of this).
- they are all hardback books
- they come in a box of their own so easy to shelve
- It's the very first 10 books so a great starter collection for young children who are familiar with Mr Men.

Negatives:

- Crease on my box and the pages in some of the books were a little bit bent and so ruined it but I couldn't be bothered to send it back for a replacement and delay it as a present for my nephew. It's worth noting it comes sealed in plastic wrapping so it's a manufacturers fault in my opinion and not of Amazons.
- Someone mentioned that they were in American English and that is true indeed. It is American. This actually explains why the box is so cheap in comparison to what you would have paid for had you bought them separately in the UK. When I looked at the box, I noticed it wasn't printed in the UK and this is actually the American version that you end up paying for hence the American English (and the price which is written as $24.99, equivalent to approximately £15). It's a small price to pay if you want it at £14.59 but if language is particularly important then it's worth purchasing it separately or ensuring you have a UK printed version bought instead. Taking that into consideration it actually works out at its original RRP and negates it being cheaper as mentioned as an advantage.

I'd recommend it given as a gift to children around 5 who enjoy it as it's still a great starter pack, however if language is particularly important then you're better off ensuring you have purchased a British version of it. I eventually intend to buy the set for my own self but, I won't be buying this set and sourcing for a British one instead.

Also, there are no Little Miss in the titles, they are all Mr Men. Didn't affect my decision to keep it though as I had intended this for my nephew anyway who would prefer Mr Men over Little Miss books. For those interested, the following books appear in the box and the box itself is marked with a huge sign to say it's an anniversary edition set: Mr Nosey, Mr Topsy-Turvey, Mr Greedy, Mr Happy, Mr Bump, Mr Tickle, Mr Snow, Mr Messy, Mr Silly and Mr Sneeze.
on 22 November 2011
bought these books for my grandaughter for christmas, and very pleased with them, they are all hardback and in their own sleeve which is very sweet,will look nice on the shelf and will last for many years to come, would recommend and great service from amazon.
on 25 August 2015
An Americanised version of the original stories, with US phrases, spellings and changes to the original British stories. Why is this even being sold here?! Considering a return.
on 11 January 2013
My children are 6 and 3, and they have enjoyed this set tremendously for over a year now. A great Christmas present!
on 22 June 2012
I Bought this recently for my daughter. It could be that my memory is playing me false, but the books seem to have been 'Americanised'. Not least, Mr Mean is now 'Mr Stingy'. Mr Messy talks about his yard rather than his garden, Mr Snow has 'Santa Clause' where I'm sure it used to be Father Christmas.

Good stories still and an excellent collection, but I would have rather had the original English versions.
on 26 December 2012
These books are great to read to my 3 year old grandson, neither of us tire of the stories. with all this usage the hardback and box have kept the books in perfect condition.