Customer reviews

Safely Home
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(5 star). See all 13 reviews
on 10 March 2010
This is a story about 2 Harvard graduate buddies who meet up for the first time about 20 years after graduation. One's a successful, power hungry business man in America, the other is a an underground Christian in China. It takes place mostly in China with interesting bits of Chinese history mixed in. It also goes into detail about the persecuted church and how it effects the lives of these men. Though it's a story, a fantastically, interestingly told story that I didn't want to put down and I didn't want to end, there is much truth in it. It's as if the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of the people involved, but it reads like a true story. And most of it is very real, real life happenings with made up characters. It's a powerful Christian testimony. It also gives examples of answers to the most common objections to God through the details of the communications of these two friends and how relate to each other. Highly recommended, the world oughta know what's in this book.
on 21 August 2017
A great read. Interesting & inforative
on 20 January 2014
The most incredible book ever. Is my number one favourite book. Give an awesome account of a 'fictional' story that you know is so true to life I expect it is real. I love the glimpses of heaven throughout and the strength of the human spirit and attentiveness of God.
on 18 February 2013
The story is so good I thought it might be a biography of someone. It leaves one challenged and thankful that I live as a Christian in the UK
on 8 June 2008
This is a great book I borrowed from a friend. I love the 'watchers' reading the bible out over the earth. This is a agreat story about the hardship the church in china faces. I have read this book twice and have got so much out of it.
on 20 October 2013
Very insightful into the persecution in china, thoroughly enjoyed it having read most of Randy Alcorns other books. Well written
on 14 September 2013
This book gives one a vision to live for the eternal realm and an understanding of God's ways that are the inverse of mankind's!
Randy Alcorn communicates deep bible truths in a manner that could not be more engaging. I could not recommend it more highly!
on 24 May 2012
I read this book some years ago and downloaded it to her Kindle for my wife to read it too.
We both found it illuminating in terms of how Christians are still under threat in China.
on 21 December 2016
Quite simply the best book I have ever read!
on 30 April 2012
I don't normally find novels that gripping or inspiring, but this was both.
A really helpful kick up the backside to those of us who have got used to the comfortable brand of Western Christianity we call discipleship!