on 12 March 2017
Am reading the whole series. I find the books difficult to put down!
on 24 October 2014
Brilliant
on 24 January 2009
The Left Behind books are the best books I have ever read. They have you not wanting to put the book down as you are desperate to read what happens next. Not being a great reader, I was astonished at myself completing each book in around 2 to 3 days each. This series is a must, you won't be able to put them down.
on 7 October 2007
This is the seventh book in the Left Behind series. The last book ended with the so-called Antichrist being assassinated and us not sure who was responsible. Here we begin with an influx of 4 million people into New Babylon to morn the passing of Carpathia.

His body is laid in state within a vacuum-sealed Plexiglas coffin. So all may pass and view him. His funeral is set up three days after his death. While the millions who are present watch along with the world on a non-stop TV broadcast, Carpathia rises from the dead. This is where the title of the book comes from, for Carpathia is now suppose to be the indwelt, Satan incarnate.

Carpathia breaks his way out of his sealed coffin to stand in front of the multitude. He stands and starts by using the very words of Jesus, and then switches to those of his own. Warning that all who do not worship him will know that a Tribulation is truly coming.

Mean while, the Tribulation Force members are doing all they can to get back to their home base in the USA. A home base that has been compromised. We watch the race between them race against the GC Peace Keeping forces.

I would like again like to add, that this is not a series you could pick up in the middle. This book will not stand-alone. And though the writing is not the best, it still makes you want to see what comes next.
VINE VOICEon 12 December 2010
Whereas the last few entries in this epic series regarding the End of Days have been somewhat wearisome, The Indwelling offers both lighter and darker tones in equal amounts and is ultimately more refreshing for it. The witty banter evidences the authors having some fun and just in time to save the Left Behind series from becoming a chore. The action takes a back burner, although there is still one memorable set piece, and the focus is twofold. Initially there is still the big reveal regarding the Assassination from the last book and in the other two thirds there is the set-up and execution of the Indwelling - the transference of Satan. With some unforeseen twists along the way The Indwelling is interesting from start to close with plenty of adventure and intrigue. There are still some characters with too much seemingly redundant narrative, building them up for future parts, however considering there is no big finale the authors have produced a decent mid-series book.
on 29 January 2014
As a non-religious person I knew very little about the Christian beliefs concerning the 'Rapture' and 'Christ's Second Coming'. I also felt a series based in religion would hold very little interest for me. How wrong I was!!! The books are fast paced, exciting and real page turners. The characters are believable and you find yourself immersed in their stories, wanting them to survive. I also learnt a huge amount and found myself considering what the Bible foretells, wondering if there actually is some truth to it. The 'Left Behind' series commanded my interest, fascinated me and changed my perspective on religion. I would recommend this series to believers and to those who may be sceptical (like I was) but who are willing to approach this with an open mind and a preparedness to be taught something as well as enjoying a fascinating read. Excellent series and extremely talented authors who know what they're talking about.
on 4 January 2011
I have heard about this series for a while and have now decided to read it for myself. I'm so glad I did. I recall many of the passages of scripture and how these have been woven into a story is fantastic. It sound such a cliche but I can't put them down. I know quitea lot about the topic but I think its a great way to learn even if you know nothing of the end times.
on 2 November 2013
A good read. Again in the same 'Left Behind' series. this is number 7. Very exciting and I would recommend this whether you are interested in Biblical things or not. It's a very exciting fictional - set on facts in revelation - look at end time prophecy.
on 4 June 2000
Apart from the unique experience of book one, I think that this is the best so far. Rayford is finally freed from being 'angry- person', and so is able to stop being so self possessed (if still a little on the chauvinist side!), and the other characters interact really well, leaving you with an intense longing for book eight! Without giving the entire plot away, I thought for a while that the sculpture was going to be the re-incarnation, but I'm sure, having re- (and re-... and re-...!) read Revelation, that the sculpture will get a star role later in the series! You know you have to buy it!
on 12 September 2000
Having recently read Glen Kelier's The Last Day I am reinsured of the intensity and reality of this series. Revelation has obviously been studied carefully and this is the author's interpretation it has helped me think about revelation for myself. I read The Last Day expecting simular reading but got new messiahs and warped use of the bible. Defiently the better read!