on 9 February 2016
good read
on 24 October 2014
Worth reading the whole series, brilliant.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Tim La Haye and Jerry jenkins yet again write a all exciting, action packed, emotional book. From the chapters back at the safe house, to the gripping finale, that leaves the reader in suspence as to who killed the anti-christ, I don't know (haven't got the next yet) but I don't think it is as obvious as it is. I bought the assassins on thursday from college, finished it by the following Sunday afternoon, hard to put down, yet again.
on 23 May 2014
This book brings to life the account in the Biblical rendering of the days of the Tribulation recorded for us in Revelation. Read it in the original first, though.
on 12 August 1999
This book is by far the best of the series. I agree that there are some tedious chapters in the first five books, however this novel moves much faster. As a reader, you have to look past the redundance and simplicity of the writing style and look for the true meaning of this series. The authors continue to impress me with thier ability to accurately tie scripture into the plot while maintaining a high level of suspense. They have taken a difficult subject and made it easy for both believers and nonbelievers to follow the chain of events. My only problem is that I have to wait six months to find out what comes next. This is a must read, but you must read the series in succession.
on 12 August 1999
What an awesome way to bring believers and non-believers alike in touch with Revelation. Biblical truths are expounded in the lives of fictional characters with unerring accuracy. It reads so much like our lives today that I could actually visualize the Rapture happening in my lifetime. Never have I read a book of fiction that felt more real. Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins have joined the realm of success usually reserved for secular authors such as Tom Clancy. A truly great read if you are a Christian or just interested in a fast-paced page turner. As you race from country to country and crisis to crisis, you can hardly contain yourself. I couldn't put it down.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 December 2008
This is the last of the books in this never-ending series of books, games, spin off series and more, that I actually made it through. The writing quality dropped with every volume. In less than two decades they wrote 16 novels - over 7200 pages in the main series alone. They have eclipsed Piers Anthony's Xanth which took many decades to write.

In this series I never really agreed with the author's theological view of the end times, even though the series started off as good fiction, with entertaining books that made a reader think about the end times. Yet as the series dragged on, the writing became weaker and weaker, and for myself and many I know the authors lost the audience. I never made it through the whole series and I doubt I will ever go back and finish it. It really is a pity as there was so much potential in this series.

Everybody is out to be the one to kill the Antichrist (Nicolae) - Mac, Abdula, Chiem, Rayford. But we are left hanging about what really happens. The Trib Force team again loses members, Doc dies and Leih joins the team. Cameron travels to Israel again and sees the two witnesses resurrected and called up to heaven.

However even with all the action this was the end for me. I did not make it through any more books of the 16 in the series. The books in publication sequence are:

Left Behind:
The Rising: The Antichrist is Born
The Regime: Evil Advances
The Rapture: In the Twinkling of an Eye
Kingdom Come

In the end it just seemed link a money-making ploy, with graphic novels, cds, teen versions, a video game and more. It is a pity this series dropped in quality so much. Jenkins went on to write an excellent trilogy - Soon, Silenced and Shadowed, that were set in a different interpretation of a future with a one world government.

(First written as Journal Reading Notes in 1999.)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 December 2008

The Rising: The Antichrist is Born
The Regime: Evil Advances
The Rapture: In the Twinkling of an Eye
Kingdom Come

(First written as Journal Reading Notes in 1999.)
on 14 August 1999
I received the book on Friday night and had it finished by Sunday morning. I just could not put it down! I can't wait for the next one to come out next year! The entire series has taught me so much about the book of Revelation that I find it a joy to read this portion of the bible, and actually am able to understand what it's saying. I encourage anyone who is confused about the last days to buy the book. It will open up your eyes and your ears to what is going on in today's world and remind you that we're coming dangerously close to the end.
on 6 August 1999
I was introduced to this series after Soul Harvest came out and read the first four books in a week. The sixth did not disappoint. I bought it after work tonight and finished it in 6 hours... it was amazing. Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins keep building suspense throughout the book, and the end is still surprising. If you are a fan of the series you will love this book as much as the others, and more, as the world heads toward the second half of the Tribulation... don't miss out on this book!