Customer reviews

on 5 August 2017
Don't buy this if you suffer from headaches .
on 29 March 2017
Great fun and a good variety of pictures.
on 13 May 2017
As expected
on 9 June 2017
Good for the eyes and to relax with
I confess to being a huge fan of Magic Eye images, and I wanted to find a large collection that might keep several grandchildren busy and having fun during the winter holidays. This collection of 3D images, however, proved to be something of a disappointment. Though there are several hidden pictures that are clear and very professionally done (an image of football players and one of an eagle hunting, for example), about twenty-five percent of the images are either unclear, ill-defined, or uninteresting as subject matter.

Two "glass" images are simply the 3D version of the flat image. Five pages contain "no image" at all. Two mazes appear, but only one can be solved--the other has two dead ends at the beginning. Other questionable images include two jet planes with a target site superimposed, making the picture appear confused, a chariot race in which the chariot is unclear and the driver looks like a triangle; and Saturn with its rings where the bottom half of the planet is so hard to see, that the image look like a ranger's hat. Some images of little interest include those of yin and yang, a tapestry weave, an ugly cone, a cube, a car driven by a wolf, a ball seen through mesh, op art, symbols for male and female, four puzzle pieces, and penguins (not polar bears) in front of an igloo (?!).

I really enjoy this series, but this selection was not interesting to my audience, who felt that many images were just too much work for an image of little interest. In total, I found fifty-seven of the eighty-eight images to be acceptable to good, and two are excellent. Thirty-one, which I marked in the corner so people could skip them, were inferior and detracted from what could have been a terrific collection. n Mary Whipple
on 2 August 1998
The "Magic Eye" 3D books have been consistent, entertaining and numerous but if you really want to see great 3D check out the 3D of Bohdan Petyhyrcz. In the "Another Dimension" line of 3D books, Bohdan takes the art form into a whole new range. Complete with facial features and tremendous detail.
This paticular 3D book was created with 88 images to complete with "Another Dimension" which has 87 images but the quality as usual cannot compete by a long shot.
on 11 September 2011
This was a very good buy. I live in South Africa and the delivery time dit not take long at all. Came way before estimated delivery date. The product self is very entertaining. There are more than enough images in this book to keep jou guessing and discovering images and it is good value for money. I would definitely recommend this book.
on 17 April 2012
I bought this for a science workshop for primary school children as I have been teaching them about the relationship between the eyes and the brain. I actually cut the pages out so the children could take one home to practise. This was a great bargain as the children had a picture on both sides with pages to spare; even their regular teacher had ago. Also my family and friends have had a go and loved it 'magic eye' is a real blast from the past and I am so glad I found this book. It even has an index of the actual hidden images at the back for anyone who is stuck and also a really good guide at the front to enable you to see the pictures which I used with the children. I will definately be purchasing another one soon in time for the next workshop. Great fun and great for teaching children about visual perception
on 29 April 2011
I am a big fan of magic eye books - they are both fascinating and very entertaining. This book can provide hours of joy (or frustration!), and learning the art of seeing the pictures is a project that I believe anyone can achieve the results with if enough perseverance is endured. It makes a great gift!
on 8 January 2013
I bought this as a Christmas present for my Mom. She really likes the Magic Eye books and loved this one too. Delivery was very quick as well. I didn't expect to receive it until after Christmas as I only ordered it 3 days before Christmas but it arrived on Christmas Eve.