on 23 January 2008
This is one of those useful reference books you can always dip into for help, quotes and ideas on practice and reflective activities. It has probably been one of the most useful books I have purchased for my ITT and I have frequently referenced it. Pricey but worth it - certainly one of the books I will hang on to for a long time.
on 26 August 2009
I have the 3rd Edition and find the book very easy to read, informative and packed with many useful links and ideas. The only negatives are that it is very much grounded in the primary school arena and I feel that some more explicit case studies would highlight the reflective process better.
I found this book really useful for filling all the gaps on my PGCE year. It dips into education theory in more depth than our lectures did, but is not so pretentious or jargon-filled that I struggled with it. I also found the accompanying Readings for Reflective Teaching useful- especially as resource for essays or for trying to get your head around Vygotsky or Piaget in their own words.
on 28 February 2010
I bought this as it was advised for my Masters course in Education. I found it very useful and a must read to back up research and get you thinking about critical reflective teaching.
on 7 January 2010
Now i have to admitt that i did not buy this book through choice... infact it was on my uni reading list and sadly had no choice.
On first viewing - i thought "oh god, another dreary book," however it has proven itself to me as being very useful. I am only in first year and allready i can see why this is a book for 'investments' sake. It has so much info in it about everything to do with reflective teaching that you can will be using it for years to come.
One thing i will say though is that i find Pollards counterpart - Reflective Readings - very useful as it really helps link the ideas spoken of in reflective teaching in a more practical sence. It also makes for a great essay source haha!
on 16 April 2011
This book is perfect to have alongside the main text 'Reflective Teaching' I am currently writing an essay on reflection and was struggling to get my head around the main frameworks. This book gave me the perfect summary of each of the main readings which relate to reflection and will continue to be of use to me through my first teaching years. A great buy!!!
on 3 April 2013
This book proved invaluable during my PGCE and during my NQT year and beyond. Originally advised to buy this book by my University lecturers, it proved useful in most of my assignments and gave me a firm grounding in the theory behind teaching.
on 28 July 2013
This book contained useful tips on teaching practice and relates this to current thinking in the education world. Links practice and education studies.
on 7 April 2012
Reflective Teaching: Evidence-Informed Professional Practice (Continuum Studies in Reflective Practice & Theory)

This book is a really useful and helpful book for any student on a teacher training course as well as teachers. It can be used for reference purposes in essays or just to read for research purposes to gain more knowledge about reflective teaching.
on 25 April 2013
I haven't used this much yet (have been put off a bit by the sheer size of it!). But I've heard good things about it and sure it will come in handy for my upcoming assignments on the PGCE.