Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 21 February 2013
I was not impressesd much by the late Tony Benn's columns and writings in this book of his,just another boring collection of written essays and lectures that we heard so many times before and since from him throughout his life,claiming,as always,that he,and others like him,know best.In fact,by the time I'd finished reading the book,I got the impression that Mr Benn would have fared better as a history teacher or trade unionist,rather than a politician.
on 12 August 2005
I always though of Tony Benn as being a true parliamentarian, democrat but very idealistic. However, having read this series of essays it is a shame that so many others in power do not share his views. They are born based on histroical precedence and the question "why do we repeat the same mistakes?" kept coming to mind and wisdom.
This is highly readable and should be read by people of all political persuasions, Mr Benn's scepticism on Europe would appeal to the right. Whilst his love of our true parliamentary process explains his comment on retiring from the House, that he would once again being get involved in "real politics".
Arguably Tony Benn should have been the first President of a British Republic.