on 5 April 2013
This book is brilliant! It says it how it is with no holds barred and with no fluffy Christianity or pretense. I could really relate to Jennifer and the scripture references were just right and really fitted in the chapters.
So many books assume that if you are a Christian then the only kind of separation is through adultery and it isn't!! Also so many of them go on and on about the pain and shock. In my case I spent 24 years of my married life working my way through the pain and grief knowing that it just wasn't working. So now we have separated I only feel peace. There was no abuse and no other woman but the main problem was our faith differences and resistance at every turn. One size doesn't fit all and I appreciate it would be difficult to write for each individual but a lot of books out there on separation/divorce just don't fit my situation whereas this book did
Re-reading it again as I devoured it within days when I first bought it! Will probably read again too as so helpful. Love to know what this lady is doing now? Perhaps a sequel?.
on 27 November 2012
It's not so much that I loved reading the book - it's not that sort of a read! However, when you find yourself on a similar path unexpectedly it's a real blessing to know others have followed the path, coped with similar feelings and emotions and come out the other side. Thank you
on 21 January 2014
I myself am not religious, but I got so much from this book I am sure it is going to be something I read over and over. Jennifer's honesty and humility within her writing is touching and actually very helpful. Refreshing to read something so heartfelt.
on 6 January 2015
Full of practical advice on day-to-day issues and sets an expectation that separation and divorce are not only survivable but can and will bring a future where you thrive if you allow yourself the time and make the effort to get there. I enjoyed the fact that it was written by someone living in the UK. Christian based with quotes from the Bible.
on 31 May 2005
Having been through the same thing myself it was like reading a diary! It's just an amazing feeling to have your experiences articulated so accurately through this book! Better than counselling...
on 12 December 2013
Makes you realise you're not losing your mind, just dealing with a MASSIVE loss. This is my second copy as I keep lending it out, those who've read it say how much it's helped them.
on 25 January 2015
If you are going through separation and divorce well worth reading very useful