on 29 October 2007
I've had this book for a while, but just made one of the sweaters recently. It worked out OK, but I found that the instructions were not always clear: the rows are not numbered (it just says, next row, next row), and there are no charts to help you along visually when the written instructions make no sense. If you are a relatively beginning crocheter, stick with the easier patterns (the one I did was an advanced pattern). I still like a lot of the patterns, and will keep the book, but will in future be prepared to do some adaptation of the instructions to get good results.
on 23 January 2006
Received this book a few days ago and have a really good look through it. It's great to find a book with such good designs in it and the patterns seem easy to follow. There is something in there for everyone. The book has re-ignited my enthusiasm for crochet. I can't wait to get started.
on 9 December 2006
I agree with Mac........ by no stretch of the imagination are any of the designs in this book hot, fun or cool.
on 18 June 2008
I was given this book as a present and I find the title to be completely misleading. I'm not inspired to make any of the designs, they're really dated and do nothing to remove crochet's old lady-ish reputation.
on 14 February 2012
Great book full of crochet designs to suit all ages. Instructions easy to follow, with additional details on specific stitches at the back as a handy reference. I also liked the yarn guidance, which meant I didn't have to buy the most expensive brands to get the look. Sample swatches to obtain the correct tension are a real time saver!
on 5 July 2016
looking forward to finding time to work on some of the iterms