Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 23 February 2005
I have already written a glowing review of this inspirational book, which I have owned and used for ten years. I don't know what has happened to the review, but I repeat here that this is the best book I have seen for the serious collage artist, bar none. My copy is so well used and battered that I am considering buying a new one - and tearing the other one up for collage!
on 4 February 2009
I looked at a lot of collage books before settling on this one. It covers all the technique stuff, together with several 'demonstrations' but I really liked the artists work included in the books - I found these inspirational. Although I have always believed that there are no rules in collage, this book demonstrates that there are areas to be considered and discusses these well. My only regret was that being a US book, it lists only one paper manufacturer in the UK and only shows US artists (I think). I have had the book two weeks and it is already well thumbed!
on 22 July 2012
The illustrations in this book are good, varied and inspiring. Unfortunately the descriptions of collage methods are very general, repetitive and common sense. The overall message is be creative and experiment in ever different words. A bit more reference to design elements and how to achieve depth and incorporate a message into collages would have made this book a lot more valuable.
on 27 October 2013
Great book - fantastic instructional guide with lots of ideas. Excellent, colourful pictures and explanations making practical trials easy to follow
on 17 July 2013
I have consulted this book over and over again in the short time I have had it. It will be one of my essential source books in the future.
on 21 July 2011
Some sections are a bit predictable and prescriptive but the book does cover the subject pretty comprehensively. I have liked other books on the subject better.
on 27 October 2012
I had expected more explanations on techniques an materials, but mainly it consists of phrases like "and of course, it s important to find a clear composition that you can use to express yourself". I think that says it all.
on 25 February 2014
Never tried collage with watercolour and other media before so needed a really good, easy to follow guide. This is it
on 16 September 2014
excellent book including techniques as well as very inspiring examples of artists' work
on 18 April 2013
A very clear informative book. Good to refer to again and again.Very well put together. I particularly like the way that Gerald compares collage with collage on pages 104/105.