Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 3 August 1998
Jonna Remington is one of the first historical heroines I've come across who didn't make me want to smack her. She's refreshingly, sometimes embarassingly direct, as well as smart, independent, strong, capable, stubborn, a modern day woman in many ways. Decker Thorne is irresistible, a reformed rogue and renowned thief, self-assured, and never overtly arrogant (even though he is obviously the Alpha male, he doesn't have those stereotypical Alpha male qualities). Both H&H have trouble trusting, both have real issues and insecurities that stand in the way of their happiness. Goodman's descriptions are rich but never comes off as purple prose (trust me on this, purple prose is one of the qualities that always annoyed me about historical romances); I felt the roll and pitch of the deck when Huntress was out to sea. Both characters' internal conflicts emerged as much more compelling than the external conflict (introduced by Goodman in the shady Grant Sheridan, owner of a! shipping company and Jonna's long time companion, who doesn't take very kindly to Decker Thorne stealing Jonna right from under his nose). KEEPER sums this novel nicely. It's the 1st historical in my library to earn keeper status. My only question is, WHY ISN'T EVERYONE FAMILIAR WITH JO GOODMAN'S NAME???
on 16 March 2013
It was a relief to read this after the disappointment that was the first novel in the series. Jonna and Decker move through the story in a way that make sense and their characters are slowly and satisfactorily revealed. The storyline is telegraphed a bit too clearly for my liking, but is still fun.

I join with a previous reviewer in wondering why everyone isn't talking about Jo Goodman.
on 1 March 1998
I have been a Jo Goodman fan for several years and have to say that "My Reckless Heart" is one of the best books I have read. I think that about each of her books, until I read the next one! I am anxiously waiting the third book, and hope she brings back Decker, Jonna, Colin and Mercedes. All the characters have such personality!
on 1 November 2013
This is an excellent series of stories about 3 brothers, orphaned when very young, put in an almshouse and seperated.
The three stories are of the lives of each and the efforts of the eldest to find to find and reunite the family.
Ms Goodman is clever storyteller. Her language is clear and unfussy. She doesn't overegg the adjectives and adverbs as other romantic authors tend to do. There are few typos and mis-spellings. These are true page turners. I read them one after the other and was pleasantly satisfied with the denouements.
on 27 March 2013
I loved this book, the characters were well drawn and the storyline was really enjoyable. Definitely going into my favourites and I will enjoy reading it again.
on 22 March 2015
Another great story from the pen of Jo Goodman. So pleased I have discovered her and so many turns and twist to this story like Book 1.
on 21 March 2013
Definitely worth reading. Loved the characters and story. Can't wait to read the next one. I am a converted fan now
on 15 August 2015
Another book abought the Thorne Brothers which was just as good as the others, and worthy of another 5 stars.
on 18 July 2013
have now read all 3 and enjoyed them all story line good bit to much sex for me but a very good read
on 2 July 1998
This is an excellent second book in this series. I can't wait for the third to be published!