Customer reviews

on 11 October 2013
This is probably about the sixth book I've read on The White Rose, and although quite short in pages, it's interesting and brings forward a new perspective which is not found elsewhere. Like most people who have an interest in The White Rose and other courageous resistance groups of their time, it's now near impossible to find first hand accounts of their activities. As such I have to say I'm sceptical about books which are written many decades after a group was `irradiated/disbanded', and this I'm sorry to say falls in that category. As interesting as it was to read, I found myself cross referencing it with what I read from other material written many decades previous. With this said I'd agree that the contents of this book are an interesting addition to whatever else you might have read elsewhere. Just don't expect it to go into depth where other books have failed simply because of who wrote it.

If you are in any way interested in The White Rose then to be honest any review is obsolete because you'll instinctively buy anything relating to it. This is what brought me to buy the book and will no doubt do the same for any future book published relating to them. As for the quality, I'm of the opinion the longer they take to publish such material the poorer and more speculative it becomes.
One person found this helpful
on 10 April 2013
This was a fantastic read with great insights and helped me greatly on my studies on this particular group. it was a fantastic read and would recommend it to anyone with an interest in resistance and world war 2 in general
on 12 April 2014
Not brilliantly written but the story it tells is so moving and dramatic that you easily get caught up in it.
VINE VOICEon 25 November 2003
I found the video interesting and decided to read the book. I did get what I wanted from the book and that was the background that did not have time to be shown on the movie.
This is the (close as you are going to get to the truth) story of an underground movement from within Germany by people that never thought they would be doing this. Aside from the actual leaflets, Inge Scholl does a good job of building up the drama as newer and weirder restrictions are being applied to the German public. The movie has more impact.
16 people found this helpful