Customer reviews

on 7 April 2007
I read this book in connection with an adult religious ed class which I was taking at my parish. When my schedule changed so that I could not continue the classes, I found the book sufficiently interesting so that I continued reading it to the end.

The top part of each page contains the text of Acts, while the bottom contains commentary and explanation, organized by the verses featured. The bottom sections include explanations of words used in the original, comparisons with other sections of scripture, and the placing scripture in the context of its time and culture.

This is a good book to help the reader deepen his understanding of Acts and its place in our Faith. This volume has encouraged me to read other volumes in this series. Acts is a good place to start.