Customer reviews

on 4 August 2013
Bought this for a pregnant crafty friend and she loves it. Some lovely ideas. Love Amy Butler anyway and I knew she would so all round winner.
on 28 December 2013
The projects of amy butler are very nice but the instructions are not clear enough. This turns the project execution very dificult.
on 29 March 2013
Lovely little fashions that are easy on the eye and easy to wear. I would love to know her fabric sources though.
VINE VOICEon 23 March 2009
brilliantly set out pattern book. it is suitable for all levels and the items to make are useable durable lovely items
on 27 October 2009
This book contains some really nice projects.It's very inspiring. Perfect for gifts or lovely things for our children. the fabrics are beautiful, but can be expensive and hard to find, but with some imagination, any other fabrics can be just as nice
I agree with another review though: the explanations are not always very clear, and I am not a beginner either
Another thing that can be annoying: some projects require special tools and accessories, not always easy to find in shops or on the internet (scrapbooking tools, special glues or printing on fabrics systems, for example...)
so you need to plan ahead for some of the projects
on 28 May 2015
Nice projects but making instructions not detailed enough
on 29 May 2013
Perhaps I should have checked more carefully but I bought this to add to my increasingly huge collection of baby sewing books, and I had rather assumed this would cover children past 12 months of age. My little one is 13 months old and rather big too, so I am going to have to do quite a lot of work to check all the sizing on every pattern and possibly remake all the patterns to fit her. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had known. Most patterns I have bought for "little ones" have versions for tinies, toddlers and little children. Bit disappointing and I feel a bit short changed, as I just won't get that much use out of it.

The book however is nice and I will make a few of the things from it, mainly the clothes (the kimono PJs and the empire waisted dress are lovely), as I have changing table covers, soft toys etc coming out of my ears! It's a nice inspiration book too, which definitely has its place - complete with utterly gorgeous babies and delightful fabrics.

Worth buying if you are expecting or your baby is very little, you have decent sewing skills and you don't already own similar books.
on 12 June 2015