Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 June 2009
This book is pleasant to flick through with lots of images and captions from the author. The patterns are all animals based, mostly little figurines, and some more practical such as pencil cases and purses. The shapes of the projects are basic, which is great for a beginner like myself. I'v never done felting before, but the instructions in the book seems clear enough to me. There is both basic and advanced needle and wet felting projects, with photos to compliment step to step instructions in building up the finished creation. There are more photo pages than there are pages dedicated to the instructions, which is the only negative point I'd make. But overall this book isn't bad value for those who want a peek into the world of felting.
on 20 February 2010
Lovely projects very cute animals and projects to make. But pics in B+W do not float my boat! So uninspiring!

Also more pics than instructions but overall good value for a interesting little book.
on 23 April 2011
I love this book, which has really easy to follow instructions. I have done some felting before but am a bit of a novice at needle felting. And when I do needle felt the things tend to come out enormous as I'm not sure of sizing. This has the exact dimensions illustrated, so you know how big each component is meant to be. That means you can mix and match, so I'm going to try to adapt various dogs to make a version of my own little cross-breed terrier.

Very cute designs and the best instructions I've come across yet.
on 12 October 2010
I was introduced to needle felting by a friend, who has got me so enthralled by what you can achieve with a needle and some fibres.

The front cover was so!!!! cute that I thought that it would be worth a look, so I did.

The instructions are easy to follow, and yes you do get a few sore fingers, but they are so worth it when they are done.

The ideas are there - and so are all the cuties. Have done lots of the little dears for older friends who have not been feeling well.

Well worth a STAB.
on 5 February 2011
I bought this book because I wanted to do some felting and liked the pciture on the front. Itw as different to all the many other felting books.
I really enjoyed this book and with easy instructionswas able to create a beautiful felted dog myself.
on 2 March 2011
very nice book,no useless description. the author is a passionate crafter and you can tell from her accurate works, well photographed and treated.It was my first book on the matter and i'm very happy about it
on 7 March 2012
Not all that impressed with the format of this book. Don't really want to know about the author's life and thoughts, would have preferred more info on needlefelting with instructions alonside the pictures rather than further along in the the text.
on 22 August 2013
I found the dialogue a bit cloying - I know it said cute but there are limits! The instructions weren't that great, black and white pictures for the most part with little to help a beginner like me. I'm disappointed with the book but the colour pictures are nice. I will be selling it on soon!
on 1 March 2013
Lovely inspirational pictures to get you started with needle felting crafts - really cute and probably not too tricky to achieve..
on 12 April 2013
Lovely book with patterns and instructions for making cute little animals from merino wool, you need to use the pictures for the instructions. Pleased with the book but a little expensive for its size.