Customer reviews

Paella
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 July 2015
Very bland and uninspiring recipe book, very few pictures etc. Bought it as a present and was too embarrassed to give it!
on 29 November 2006
A fantastic book. Compact in size and meaty in content, it entices you with its simple and informative receipes to cook and eat paella. Who knew there were so many? Rosa's Shellfish Paella is a particular favourite, that once cooked takes you back to wonderful lazy lunches on the coast of Spain. Embelished with beautiful photography and personal insights from the author it is a gem. Plus the book is such a great size (A5ish) - it's the perfect present. Everyone will get one this Christmas, with a Paella dish... so there will be no excuses for others to make me one of these mouthwatering dishes.
on 13 April 2012
Having lived in Spain and visit regularly, I really adore Paella and cannot get enough of the stuff. I've picked up a few tips from Spanish friends however, this truly is an excellent book and you will impress your family and friends every time!

Pay no attention to any negative comments by others I can assure you, as a former professional chef, I soon realised that Paella, like many foods, does have its uniqueness in preparation and require a little skill and patience which pays off with excellent results....enjoy!
on 26 August 2009
Although I haven't tried any of the recipes from this book yet, as it was bought as a gift for a friend, I will be buying another one for myself. I was hesitant at first becuase the Author isn't spanish (I don't think), but the intro pages do read as if he knows what he is talking about. I also like when each recipe has an explanation of it's locality and meaning (if there is one), this book certainly does that. I would recommend.
on 3 September 2014
Great book now splattered with paella ingredients. Taste just like they make in Spain and interesting and easy to follow dishes . A good read even if you don't cook anything. The first one took me ages to prep but I have now halved the time taken with a few Paellas under my expanding belt.
on 21 December 2015
could have been better
on 28 December 2012
I love this book, it has some wonderfull recipes in it. I have also bought a paella pan to go with it so i can make authentic dishes. I would recommend this book to anyone with a love of Spanish food.
on 1 December 2006
Nice introduction with simple rules for always making an excellent paella (I actually broke most of them until reading this book)

I also liked the fact that all the ingredients in the recipes were easy to find.
on 29 September 2014
Brilliant book. Well written and the menus, explanations and cooking guides are first rate. Highly recommended
on 24 September 2016
Bought for my son. He tells me he has learn the principle of doing paella from this book, and now doesn't use it so much. Tasty looking recipes though