Customer reviews

on 1 January 2011
My granddaughter asked for any Sabrina Ward journal for Christmas. The one I intended getting could not be guaranteed delivery before Christmas so I ordered this one. Not knowing any of her works I did not know what to expect. When I glanced through it I was a little disappointed in what I thought was lack of content. However my granddaughter loved it. She told me today that the reason why I thought it was lacking in content is because a lot of the pages are dedicated to prevoking thought and as such are inspirational. So it is a book suitable for a 6th form student of English, arts, media and photography other mere mortals such as myself might find it lacks a little content.
on 7 February 2015
This is a brilliant book which I love. It is so beautiful and every page is a unique delight! There are places where you can write if you want to.
on 17 September 2013
Was unsure what to think as I had only just come across Sabrina ward Harrison's work but I instantly fell in love with her quirky, artistic and beautifully thought out journal! would advise for anyone creative.
on 27 January 2006
Sabrina Ward Harrison is well-known for her art journals. This is a slightly different format. There are journal entries-both visuals and text-but they operate largely as a springboard for your own writing. SWH has provied quotes, lists, bits of poetry, etc. also the backgrounds, most of which are minimalist, and some prompts-you take it from there to make whatever you want : lists, a long entry about what happened today, a memory, whatever.
If you have a fear of the blank page, this book gets round that entirely. If you want some ideas about how to start, or how to continue, the book provides ideas. And it is very good at giving permission to be messy !
While I appreciate the openness and vulnerability expressed in this journal, I do find some of it a bit psychobabbly. This is probably "just" a cultural thing.