Customer reviews

good read
on 12 May 2017
Product arrived damaged
on 28 September 2005
As Brad Bird and his team worked on creating the story and look of his proposed movie, The Incredibles, they created a wealth of different concept and character sketches, and illustrations which helped to plan and define the movie. This book combines many of those fascinating images, plus reminisces from various team members which explain how the movie came to be, and came to be as it finally appeared.
Overall, I found this to be a wonderfully interesting book. I loved the images that the various artists created, such as concept drawings of the various characters, Bob's office, the Parr's house, and so much more. But, I must say that I even more enjoyed the insights into the movie which the creative team provides in this book. If you are a fan of The Incredibles, then you really must consider getting this book, it's a wonderful resource for us fans!
By the way, a nice addition to the book is the "centerfold," a color script of the movie provided by artist Lou Romano. Looking at it, you can see the whole movie in just a couple of pages!
on 31 December 2004
This book is great for all those who loved the movie. It shows how the movie was made, with hilarious comments and quotes from the writers and directors. It's one of those books you can't put down as you become involved and you just want to read on and on. At the price it's being sold at you can't afford not to buy it, and the whole family can read it and love it, like i did when i read. On the whole, a very worthy buy.
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 13 February 2009
There's a lot of different artistic style in the book. When Brad Bird came to Pixar, he brought with him his team of artists, those that had worked with him on The Iron Giant.

Each artist produced concept art using different materials and style. There are collage, gouache, digital, marker, acrylic and pastel. Each drawing generates ideas and inspiration. You'll have no idea the movie was created for art so varied. There are no rendered stills from the movie.

The book touches mainly on character design and artistic direction of the movie.

If you want the process of creating The Incredibles, you'll want to grab the DVD instead. There are pretty comprehensive behind the scenes included in the DVD.

There are more pictures on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.
on 3 August 2010
I have all the Pixar Art books. Although The Incredibles is not my favourite film, I treasure this book. The range of designs/information images included are fantastic and I love the fold out showing the colour themes for each scene...so much infact I photocopied it, laminated it and its on my office wall to insire me!
on 3 April 2010
Incredible insight into the making of an awesome movie. Gives a step by step account of the thought process and ideas that lead to the making of one of my favourite animated movies.
on 10 February 2016
Very good book
on 16 February 2010
Though I did not receive the item, the seller was very courteous and gave me a full refund. I would have no reservation about ordering from this vendor again because of the good customer service that I received.