on 17 November 2009
No maps! (ok, only one map, small, draw by hand, without scale. To simplify: no maps.)
Contradictions in numbers, resulting from the use in different parts of the book of correct numbers from German sources, and invented grandiose numbers from soviet sources.
Frequent use of "Nazis" instead of "Germans". (I suppose the equivalent for the Russian/soviets should be "Communists", but that label is never used for them.)
As much as I can remember, this was the first book about WW2 that I felt to be a waste of time.
11 Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 January 2013
THIS IS A GREAT BOOK AND FULL OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE BATTLE OF KURSK,I GOT IT IN GOOD TIME AND VERY CHEEP COMPARED TO SHOP PRICES,YES IT WAS 2ND HAND BUT LOOKED BRAND NEW,I'M VERY HAPPY,MANY THANKS,MARK.