on 26 July 2016
I have just received this book and I am so pleased that I have chosen well. The instructions are well laid out and very easy to follow. I am eager to learn the new skills of framing and I am very much looking forward to framing my own work.

It is a very comprehensive reference book and sets out the step-by-steps instructions and includes very good photographs to which compliments the written guide.

I high recommend this book; excellent value for money.
on 23 November 2012
I didnt know the why s and wherefors of picture framing and as an artist it is of immense value making one s own picture frames though some of the equipment is rather expensive but still far cheaper in the long run.and as it say s on the book all the skills are there
on 27 August 2010
This was a good buyBasic Picture Framing: All the Skills and Tools You Need to Get Started (Stackpole Basics). It was informative with excellent photographs to illustrate the text.It certainly contains all the information needed to start framing pictures successfully. The spiral binding is very good as it enables the book to lie flat on the pages being used as a reference while you construct mounts and frames. The cost of the book was very reasonable.
on 17 June 2015
great value but the device is difficlut for me to use. So I have upgraded to its elder brother
on 6 July 2013
Although its American in origin the book itself is easy to ready and the pictures explain the stages well. Anyone considering picture framing should invest in one of these.
on 15 December 2016
Covers the basics of most aspects picture framing and presentation in a simple but very clear methodology. Not too many words just practical visual examples. A spring board for the more advanced techniques.
on 27 June 2015
good intro
on 27 December 2014
Very informative on producing mounts but it didn't really teach me anything to do with the actual making of the frames that I had'nt already worked out. Bit disappointed really,I need a book that is a bit more advanced.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse