Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 June 2014
This book encapsulates all the techniques required to make you a good nymph fisherman and is a complete must have for anyone who wants to take their nymph fishing to another level. Numerous different types of waters and conditions are addressed, as well as some pure angling common sense that we fly anglers so often overlook. The techniques and fly patterns can be used throughout the world . Daniel is a top class competative angler, who will happily switch between a variety of different presentation styles to suit conditions, even on a small stretch of river to get results.

It's now basically my go to river book.
on 4 October 2015
This was recommended by Tom Rosenbauer on the Orvis podcast. As a resource for nymphing I haven't found anything to compare. George is a former US team member so it's given that he can fish. What he can also do though is teach - there is a lot in this book, much of it accompanied by series of photographs and annotations. This is definitely not a read through and discard book. Instead if nymphing is what you want to improve, you will find yourself coming back to this again and again. I do.
on 25 April 2016
I was a dry fly fisherman for many years yet I was completely ignorant of fishing with an artificial nymph and it's potential. Thanks to George Daniel, I have now re-booted my love of fishing and have embraced nymphing as my new 'go-to' technique. Thanks to George Daniel, I am now becoming a more dynamic fly fisherman! A great starting point for anyone wanting to get into the art of nymph fishing.
on 9 February 2014
This publication constantly crashes my reader, works fine until 3/4 through book then freezes.Ive removed and reloaded to no avail, the book also depends on being to clearly see the colour plates, this is not possible. I'm sure the hard back is good, the electronic version is not fit for purpose.I shall endevour to obtain a refund.
on 17 November 2014
Very well explained techniques, but nearly every fly pattern looks like a caddis larva and in my mind it's more akin to lure fishing than river fly fishing. If as I do, you enjoy matching the hatch, then this book is not for you. It's also very clinical in its approach. Fly fishing should be fun, not a clinical excercise. Just about everyone is jumping on the Czech nymph bandwagon. Streamer fishing works far better for big browns and there was no mention of it, even though most of the patterns in this book are not true nymphs either.
on 18 August 2015
Nice book, lots of glossy pictures. Slightly too focused on competition fishing but this is a minor quibble.
One to own if you are interested in nymph fishing for sure.
on 29 July 2013
this book is really interesting full of information I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend this book to anyone looking some information on nymphing brilliant book
on 30 December 2012
Bought for my husband who is delighted with it. It was a Christmas present that he requested but he has certainly spent a great deal of time with his nose in it!!
on 25 December 2012
Comprehensive guide to modern river nymphing techniques. Written in an unbiased way allowing the reader to take what they want from this excellent book.
on 16 September 2013
Just the book I have been looking for.Am looking forward to putting into practice all the hints and tips fishing for Grayling this winter.