on 19 February 2013
Long having been acquainted with the incredibly moving work of Wilfred Owen, I bought this value for money collection of his works for my new Kindle.
I had read the former review of July 2012 which stated there was an error, by omission, of a whole line from Strange Meeting. Since this feedback was relayed 8 months ago, I had felt sure that the authors would have been quite capable of amending this digital file to the satisfaction of all, but no. A real shame as Strange Meeting is really one of his finest works and to leave out entire lines from a poem, murders it in a small way. I had thought that feedback via Amazon was taken seriously by producers of Kindle products, but it seems I was wrong. In that case.... why am I writing this??? 3 out of 5 - as it is a joy to read the correct versions of the poetry included for such a good price - lost 2 stars though, for the original mistake and then having ignored the 'heads up' given from its readers.
17 people found this helpful
on 17 July 2012
While it is good to have Owen on the Kindle, this edition does suffer the proofreading problems that so often bedevil publications for Kindle. For example, in "Strange Meeting" the line, "By his dead smile I knew we stood in Hell." is simply omitted.
10 people found this helpful
on 31 August 2014
I studied Wilfred Owen's poems in Sixth Form 40 years ago and now having reread them and in the centennial year of the First World War, it is now that I can appreciate the emotions and feelings that he is trying to put over to his readers.

I wonder what sort of advocate he would have been in the post war period if he had survived the war?
on 20 February 2014
I think the reviews listed here are a little muddled. This Kindle edition is not in fact the "collected" works, but actually only a version of the 1920 edition edited by Sassoon. There are none of his earlier works. As somebody else points out, it could do with some proofreading.
One person found this helpful
on 20 January 2015
From a differnt era with men of different attitudes. A loss in my opinion and these poems stir some emotions. Written by men who were at the front and in most died. Marvelous if that can be used as a discription for such a horrendous war.
on 17 August 2014
Wilfred Owen's poetry brings into your consciousness the horror of the First World War in extraordinarily haunting lines.
To hear these poems read while watching some of the footage of that hideous conflict would be an amazing experience.
on 31 May 2016
These poems gave an insight into the feelings of the soldiers. The conditions, fears and hopes. A very emotional read,
on 6 August 2017
Just what we wanted.
One person found this helpful
on 5 November 2016
ITS OK
on 14 January 2013
i have always loved the poems of Wilfred Owen ever since i studied them at school. They never fail to bring a tear to my eye and as relevant today as they were when they were written. Times may have changed but war is every bit as futile now as it was then. Beautifully written.