Customer reviews

on 19 December 2014
This is a Christmas Present for my son who is showing an interest in astronomy. The photos are stunning and the text makes interesting reading.
on 16 December 2013
Excellent book for Astronomy and Cosmology will help those seeking an explanation to the mysteries of the Cosmos. I reccomend it.
on 13 July 2014
Excellent book on astronomy. Both the spectacular pictures of the night sky impress but also the extremely well-written captions and supplementary notes.
on 27 February 2013
This is one of the most beautiful books you will ever open. Rapid advances in space photography in recent years have resulted in the ability to photograph very distant objects in space very clearly. The photographs in this book are overwhelming in their total impact: every page shows thousands of stars like our own. You wind up feeling very small and very humble indeed. Buy it, and see if you can actually look through all the pages in one session. I couldn't.
4 people found this helpful
on 18 May 2010
This is one of the most amaziing books I have ever seen in my life. People who find it on my coffee table are mesmerized. The idea that so much is hidden in the skies above us that we think are kind of empty, with some stars and planets, but full of "space" is completely fallacious! There's no "space" up there at all! You have to see these pictures to believe them. The quality and production of this book makes it the best (bargain) gift for that special someone -- I got it for myself for my birthday this year and it was the best present ever!
16 people found this helpful
on 12 December 2009
Bought this for our son for Xmas - looks really good - am sure he will enjoy it!
2 people found this helpful